G+ Evo4-8: fuel pump relay trigger question

EvocentriK

Hi, forgive me if this is covered somewhere but I’ve not found it. The stock evo ECU uses a two voltage relay setup for the fuel pump. The trigger for the second high voltage relay is load based.

The LinkG4+ seems to have two aux output to trigger the fuel pump relay, FP Relay and FP Speed Relay. What is the trigger for cutting over to the speed relay from the normal relay? The stock ECU has a configurable load value to achieve this. Are these outputs configurable somehow? 

I want to potentially delete the 2-speed mode and use the FP relay output to drive the in-tank pump and the FP Speed output to drive the surge tank pump via a trunk mounted direct wire to battery solid state relay circuit. But I’d need them both on constantly rather than the in tank pump switching from low to high mode based on some variable. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks very much for the explanation Adam. So just to confirm, my question

What is the trigger for cutting over to the speed relay from the normal relay? The stock ECU has a configurable load value to achieve this. Are these outputs configurable somehow? ” 

is this hard coded in somewhere and not configurable when FP SPEED is selected as the function? 

You originally said you wanted to disable the 2 speed mode and run the 2nd pump continuous.  Changing the output function to GP output will do that.  So if thats what you want to do you shouldnt be using the FP Speed function.

For the stock Evo set-up with the two speed FP Speed function the control settings are found in >Auxiliary Outputs>Fuel pump control.  The Evo 4-8 uses the General X-over mode and our base map default settings have the pump switching to high speed mode at 2000RPM or 5% injector duty cycle.  

10 hours ago, Adamw said:

You originally said you wanted to disable the 2 speed mode and run the 2nd pump continuous.  Changing the output function to GP output will do that.  So if thats what you want to do you shouldnt be using the FP Speed function.

For the stock Evo set-up with the two speed FP Speed function the control settings are found in >Auxiliary Outputs>Fuel pump control.  The Evo 4-8 uses the General X-over mode and our base map default settings have the pump switching to high speed mode at 2000RPM or 5% injector duty cycle.  

Yes, I had a 2 part question, one part is what I would like to do next in terms of fuel pump configuration, the other (the question you just answered) was for my own interest about how the default setup operated, since when you select FP Speed, unlike GP Output, there are no conditions to determine its operation. 

Thanks again.