where to look

gunnerthesnowman

Running a V-88 on turbocharged sled ,is there a place to look in the program to see if i am hitting (shutdown) by a limiter , (Rev/boost, oil ) i have had accouple times when in then out and back into the throttle that the engine just shuts off , just like you turned the key off , nothing showing on data logs RPM limiter set at 12000 max on data log was 11600 , boost limiter set at 275kpa , MAP i was hitting 147kpa MGP , BAP was 87kpa and MAP was 234 kpa !!

top second from right of screen is a drop down menu "tuning" in that is run time values you be able to see every input output and all ecu internal status items..Good luck and enjoy :-)

sounds like a trigger issue buddy

Thanks for the response

Thats what i was thinking as well ,but do not know much about the triggers , Ray had me change trigger 2 /Type -optical/hall///trigger 2 pullup-on/// trigger 2 edge- falling/// sync mode - cam pulse 1x--- to filter 2 ( from filter 1) But trigger 1 is still on filter 1 ///trigger 1 type- reluctor///trigger filtering - level 1///multitooth posn-crank/// tooth count-24/// trigger1 arming threshold--RPM 0 1000 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 7000

.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4

and i am getting trig 1 err counts , how do you tell if its a trigger shutting you down , is this normal to be getting these trigger 1 err counts???

Thanks for any help .

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

You should not be getting any trigger error counts.

This is telling you that you have a problem with trigger 1.

Can you run the engine and watch the trigger errors, lift the track off the ground and run the engine through the rev range.

See if you can see what rpm the trigger error occurs.

Or run the sled out in the field, slopes etc and data log the triggers, including the arm voltage thresholds.

You should not be getting any trigger error counts.

This is telling you that you have a problem with trigger 1.

Can you run the engine and watch the trigger errors, lift the track off the ground and run the engine through the rev range.

See if you can see what rpm the trigger error occurs.

Or run the sled out in the field, slopes etc and data log the triggers, including the arm voltage thresholds.

Thanks , talked to the engine /turbo kit builder today , after looking at the data logs , it looks lake it is going lean under hard accel.( 80KPA MAP and up ) , the boost build so fast , guys watching me tune , did say it did have a pop to it when i was hitting the throttle , engine builder said this could/would give a trigger1 error and also what would be causeing the engine stalling .

So , increased (ing ) the load accel. fuel ,( HE ALSO SAID FOR ME TO CHECK/ ADJUST THE CAM TIMING CHAIN TENSIONER IF NEEDED )and get back to tuning, hope this works , i will let you know .

Would be interesting to know what is the reason for our slow logging. I recall Ray saying at some point that the ecu mostly idles while running. Is it a data throughput and storage problem or what ? Do we have native USB 2.0 or is it one of those usb-serial converters?

Will reducing logged variables increase the frequency of logging for the rest? Would it be possible to ask for a way to prioritize the values, so that for example AFR would be logged much more frequently than for example ECT ?

Depends on if you are talking internal logging this should be able to log at 50Hz (50 times a second) no problem but is currently limited in the channels it can log.

The PC logging is often limited by the connection speed. This is more effected by external noise and the actual PC.

Sorry Simon, but 50Hz is too slow. If you want to show what happens you have to have the logger faster than processes which go in the engine. 100hz is 6000rpm))). My engine revs till 10000rpm during the race. The next point is loop log mode. I have now client's Evo in the box with hole in the piston and I dont know what was because it's memory was full before engine was damaged. I dont write about unloged WGDC, Knock parameters and others... Vi-pec is very very powerfull unit but it has several weak sides which I hope will be decided.

Sorry Simon, but 50Hz is too slow. If you want to show what happens you have to have the logger faster than processes which go in the engine. 100hz is 6000rpm))). My engine revs till 10000rpm during the race. The next point is loop log mode. I have now client's Evo in the box with hole in the piston and I dont know what was because it's memory was full before engine was damaged. I dont write about unloged WGDC, Knock parameters and others... Vi-pec is very very powerfull unit but it has several weak sides which I hope will be decided.

So are you saying that the data logging at 50HZ is for 3000rpms , my engine goes to 11700 rmps , so this is why my logged AFR looks like it is off by a second or two when i am looking at my data logs , i seen where this is/was happening , did not know why , makes you guess at tuning where the lean/rich spots are .

i've had some troubes in finding leans spots also in my tune, but i don't think thats due to the vipec being too slow (which it is though), its more of a case of my lambda not being fast enough, since i'm currently still using innovate lc-1. i'll be changing that for sure.

here is a comparison

http://www.ecotrons.com/ALM_VS_LC-1.html

I am using a AEM inline wideband UEGO setup!!!!