First time tuning, need help understanding. Engine S15 SR20DET

kbulahan

I've attached my current tune, if anyone would like to take a quick look.

1. The fuel table is not smooth
  2. Is the Knock Target set to 500 on higher rpm/boost good/okay?

I don't know anything about the timing as of yet, got it adjusted through a shop. I am getting a knock ignition trim cut from 4500-6500 rpm. it's retarding it from 0.3 - 6 deg. will this be because of the knock target being at 500? what should be the values for this?

The idle also goes up and down when rolling in neutral, goes from 1000-1500-1000 ~

thank you in advance to anyone who will help me better understand how this works.

activetune.pclx

Your fuel table doesnt look correct at all for modelled mode, you should have VE numbers around 60-110% if everything is set up right.  It suggests the engine is getting more fuel than you have told the ecu it can flow.  So either injector data or fuel pressure is wrong.  If you dont have accurate data then dont guess, you will be better to change back to traditional mode.

IAT trim table table should also be turned off in modelled mode.

Your accel enrichment settings look pretty crazy too, that is likely activating nearly all the time and messing up your fuel mapping. 

Turn knock control off until after the ignition timing is tuned, you need an ignition map that works well before you can set up knock control to be effective.

For idle you will need to attach a tune, but as a start it doesnt look like you have tuned the base position table.  You need to change to open loop and get open loop idle working well first, before switching over to closed loop.  There is a set up guide for both open and closed loop in the help file. 

Hi Adam,

The fuel table adjustment is being based off of an AEM X-Series Wideband, the fuel pump in the car is also uprated to a 340lph, which is I think why the numbers are so low. please correct me if I am wrong.

What is  "modelled mode"?

What numbers are usually the default values for the accel enrichment?

According to the shop that I brought the car into, the ignition and everything else was done. I just got curious on to what was done, as my AFRs always rich even at low speed.

The idle is fairly decent so far, rpms are high at cold start with rich fuel mixture. and it slowly goes down to 800-850 for rpm with an afr of 14.7-15.1

I will attach a log of how the car runs, next time I send out a reply or a post.

Thank you for your time

5 hours ago, kbulahan said:

The fuel table adjustment is being based off of an AEM X-Series Wideband, the fuel pump in the car is also uprated to a 340lph, which is I think why the numbers are so low. please correct me if I am wrong.

In modelled mode the "fuel table" represents air flow (Volumetric Efficiency).  It needs to show realistic volumetric efficiency numbers otherwise much of the calculation is wrong.  If you have acheived the correct AFR but the VE table has unrealistic VE numbers then it usually means your fuel flow data is wrong.  As per the help file if you dont have accurate data especially for the injectors and fuel pressure then you are better to use traditional mode.  

6 hours ago, kbulahan said:

What numbers are usually the default values for the accel enrichment?

I suggest you turn on asynchronous injection, set min async PW to 0.5 then change your accel sense table to 2.0 right across as a starting point. 

6 hours ago, kbulahan said:

According to the shop that I brought the car into, the ignition and everything else was done. I just got curious on to what was done, as my AFRs always rich even at low speed.

Your whole tune is actually quite a mess, I would suggest trying to find a tuner with more experience.  The fuel tune really needs to be started from scratch, the ignition table doesnt look like it has been tuned at all.