relay power supply

lliam

hi all 

i am currently making a complete loom A for the monsoon ecu to run a 4g63t in a ex lancer 

im having thoughts about how many relays i need to run. currently i have one for the ecu, one for the fuel pump and one for the radiator fan.

the other items i need to run a power supply to is my CAS, fuel injectors, boost solenoid and ignition igniter. can i use the main ecu relay the supply power to these also or do i have to run separate relays for all of the above ?.

also if i am correct do i use the aux outputs of the ecu to trigger the negative pins of the relays for my fan and pump ?

thanks for your imput !

5 minutes ago, lliam said:

the other items i need to run a power supply to is my CAS, fuel injectors, boost solenoid and ignition igniter. can i use the main ecu relay the supply power

For a small set-up like this I would typically have the one main relay that does ECU, injectors, coils, wideband and any 12V sensors.

7 minutes ago, lliam said:

also if i am correct do i use the aux outputs of the ecu to trigger the negative pins of the relays for my fan and pump ?

Correct.  Make sure the 12V side of the relay coil is ignition switched - not live all the time.  

30 minutes ago, Adamw said:

For a small set-up like this I would typically have the one main relay that does ECU, injectors, coils, wideband and any 12V sensors.

Correct.  Make sure the 12V side of the relay coil is ignition switched - not live all the time.  

Awesome Adam exactly what I wanted to hear cheers. Fun times ahead when all my plugs turn up!.