Evo4-8 TPS settings

Jo LeForce

Hi guys,

I need some feedback regarding the best way to set the TPS & throttle (cable) on Evos 4-8. After performing a TPS setup, I usually adjust the TPS screw so it reads 12-13% rather than 0% when the TP is fully closed, mimicking the OEM setup of Evos & it seems to help the car idle better this way. When I jack the throttle open for anti lag I usually end up with high cyclic idle TP% (like 35%) since it was around 13% to begin with, does the above sound right?

One more question, do I need to disable the ISC stepper after setting a throttle kick & enabling cyclic idle & anti lag? My concern is that an enabled stepper along with a jacked throttle could cause a throttle hang.

Thanks

• Jo LeForce changed the title to Evo4-8 TPS settings

Normally for TP calibration you follow the instructions on screen and zero the TPS at its normal resting idle position - not fully sealed closed with the throttle stop screw wound out... This is because some of the idle control functionality works off TP lockouts that need to be close to zero.   

How much throttle jack is required for antilag depends on how much AL effect you are trying to achieve, how much heat your set-up can handle, and how much push-on the driver is comfortable with in corners.  But from the few old group N cars I worked on 25-35% is what I remember being common.  

Idle valve doesnt really matter.  Idle speed control wont enable due to the TP being above the normal idle lockout, so the idle valve will just sit in whatever position is commanded in the base position table.