MXS Strata dash

LOKDUP

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this, but there's a wealth of knowledge on here so I'm sure someone can help.

I've recently installed a Link AIM dash. MXS Strata 1.2. I start the car, dash displays default screen and engine info. 

I've installed the Race Studio software on my PC. But how do I get my dash to connect with the Race Studio software so I can configure the dash? 

I've plugged the USB cable from PC to dash, but does not connect. 

Probably something very obvious I've missed. Any advice appreciated!

Hi Adam. The videos good, but dash is already connected when they start discussing to set up and features of the software. I can't get to that point. 

Dash is definitely working as it displays engine parameters. When I plug the USB cable from the laptop to the dash, by computer makes a "ping" as if it recognizes the USB connection. But it does not show as connected in the Race Studio software. Using the software appears easy enough, lots of great videos on it. Just cant figure out how to get it to connect.

Any ideas?

Yeah sorry, I dont ever remember any other steps to get it connected, im sure they have always just popped right up in RS3 for me.  

Do you see it in windows device manager when plugged in?  

Aim's tech support is pretty good if you wanted to give them a try directly, otherwise me acting as a middle man may take longer to find a solution. 

Ill plug one in at work tomorrow to see if I can come up with any more helpful info.

Got it resolved thanks! All it took was to go into device manager and re install the driver. Now working y way trough setting up the various screens.

Although I have another couple questions:

1. In regards to wiring in the indicators, high beam, etc. Can these be wired into any pin on the loom and configured in the ECU, or are there specific pins preset for these inputs?

2. Is it an earth signal from indicators, etc. that go to these inputs?

• 1 month later...

Hi Adam, I'm having trouble finding clear instructions on how to complete the following:

1. Allocating the head light and indicator light symbols to the correct input channels
  2. Allocating the fuel level sender to the correct channel and calibrating
  3. Allocating the speed sensor to the correct cannel and calibrating

Are there any links to videos or PDFs you can provide me to help me out? Even if you'd be available over the phone at some point to help navigate me through the Race Studio software would be fantastic! Happy to pay you for your time.