What OEM sensors are still required for a kurofune install

Mowgs

Hi, this is probably a daft question.  I'm looking into using a kurofune on my upcoming rb25/30 auto.

It's in a stagea, and need to keep the standard ECU to run the auto so have been looking at the kurofune to use as a piggyback.

I've been tidying the engine bay, what OEM sensors and wiring will I need to keep please?

I'm looking to run map sensors, does the MAF still need to be plugged in?  Same with the cas, I'll be using a trigger kit, do I need to keep the OEM cas wiring for any reason?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers.

The Kurofune bit is easy, the bigger question that is more difficult to answer is what does the factory ECU and trans controller need to stay happy?  

I would say the factory ecu will need everything stock - standard CAS, MAF, all sensors including narrowband O2.  You can use the Kurofune analog outputs to "pretend" there is still a MAF and O2 there but you really need a good idea of the signal that the factory ECU wants before you can fake it. 

On 12/16/2020 at 9:06 AM, Adamw said:

The Kurofune bit is easy, the bigger question that is more difficult to answer is what does the factory ECU and trans controller need to stay happy?  

I would say the factory ecu will need everything stock - standard CAS, MAF, all sensors including narrowband O2.  You can use the Kurofune analog outputs to "pretend" there is still a MAF and O2 there but you really need a good idea of the signal that the factory ECU wants before you can fake it. 

Thanks for the reply.

I think I must have misunderstood the concept of piggybacks then.  Ill do some more research on sau