WRX JDM engine Camshaft position sensor question

Surge914

Hello there,

New to the forum. Purchased a 2005 JDM WRX engine with DBW and Single AVCS.

I am in the process of configuring the engine with a G4X Fury ECU. The engine is equipped with 2 wire camshaft position sensor and 2 wire AVCS position sensors, which are for what I understand reluctor sensors. I am using base map V8 JDM Xtreme plug in as a reference, but it shows trigger 2 as a hall effect sensor, which usually are 3 wire sensors. I also looked at the V7 / V9 Xtreme base maps and they all show hall effect sensor for trigger 2.

Should I change trigger 2 to reluctor type and keep trigger mode to Subaru V7-10 (JDM)

Any information would be helpful.

Thank you

Thats a bit odd for a DBW engine.  Does it have a cam sensor at the front of one head as well as the two AVCS sensors at the back?  Or just the two at the back?

I dont see any reason why it wont work, will probably need to see a triggerscope to get the settings right though.

Thanks for the reply. My understanding is this DBW engine is actually from a 2004/2005 JDM Forester.

It does have the 2 AVCS sensors at the back and the single cam sensor at the front of the engine. They are all 2 wire sensors.

See attached picture. 

Thanks again.

Engine.jpg

Ok, so this is basically the same as the stock WRX V7-9 trigger setup.  You are right, our G4X base maps for the V7-9 have trig 2 set to hall which is incorrect, Ill get those fixed.

Use V7-10JDM trigger mode.  That front cam sensor should be connected to trig 2, set to reluctor.