S15 SR20DET IAT Help

David Reid

Hello I am using a G4+ but really struggling to get the IAT to read sensibly (currently reading -30) actual is approx 0-5 deg.C (no fault recorded)

I am using the motorola sensor below

https://www.efisolutions.com.au/air-intake-temperature-sensor-motorsport-with-conn

It is wired inplace of the MAF using the MAF ground, pin 16 (An Volt 4) & pin 17 (MAF sensor ground)

Jumper 8 is fitted to the board 

An Volt 4 is then set to IAT-Ext Pullup and I have entered the cal in the link above into cal table 1 and set it to use it.

I then noticed that the sensor looks identical to the the one link sell, however it is only possible to select the cal file for this (link NCT1-8) against a An Temp rather than An Volt input (I dont understand why).

Does this mean I can't use the AFM wiring with this sensor and need to wire into an An Temp input

Any help would be appreciated Thankyou

What ecu do you have?

Can you attach your tune too.

Edit:  Sorry I just noticed "S15" in the title, I missed that originally.  

Correct in that the AN Volt inputs dont allow the pre-defined temp calibrations - you always need to use a cal table.  Your wiring sounds correct and shouldnt need anything further.  Attach your map and that may give me some clues.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou for the feedback, knowing it was now wired correctly I investigated the tune. As the table break points exceeded the cal data I had, when I entered it I simply extended by copying the same date to the next cell i.e same values in -30 as -40. Link obviously doesn't like this as just increasing the -40 resistance value by one made the table read correctly and IAT now functions as expected. 

Thankyou for your help, next to fire it up ;@)