new build

mauldee

hi there, I've been working on a build for a while and am seeking information regarding basic hardware requirements for RB25det with either Atom or Storm ECU. I would like at least 300kw at the flywheel. The car is C33 Laurel with RB25 and manual box, I intend to race dirt track with it. I have standard internals with DW 350 pump, sard pressure regulator, Bosch 650 injectors, Radium fuel rail Garrett AR 70, FMIC, G Reddy front mount manifold, 90mm throttle body, Greddy Profec boost control and BOV, Hitatchi AFM and 3 inch exhaust. I plan to keep standard internals for this season and will upgrade either to rb30 or may go 2j way. My hardware requirements are for the basic setup for either Atom or Storm ie crank/cam sensors, wide band lambda, AFM/Air temp, anti knock, tps. Please advise me on exactly what is necessary. Thank you

Note the Atom only has 4 injector drives and 4 ignition drives, so you would need to do group fire injection and wasted spark ignition.  From a performance point of view that is not a big disadvantage except it means you cant trim individual cylinders.  The Atom only has 3 analog inputs so with MAP sensor, TPS and lambda you have used them all up.  No drama if that's all you think you will ever want but it doesnt give you any opportunity if you wanted to say add oil pressure or fuel pressure protection in the future.

Note you dont need or want the air flow meter, you can get rid of that.

The Storm has more of everything so would do all you wish and leave plenty of scope for expansion in the future if that is a consideration.

Also, consider the Monsoon, it is in-between the Atom and Storm.  It has a built in MAP sensor so you wont need to buy one.  It has a couple of extra analog inputs over the Atom and a couple of extra aux outputs.  

Comparison here: https://linkecu.com/products/ecu-comparison-chart/