Subaru DBW TB not closing enough at Idle. EDIT Its a 4x

kaptainballistik

Afternoon! I have a perplexing issue with my DBW setup on my Subaru.

It appears the Throttle body is not fully closing at 0 pedal position, It also appears the TB is sitting in the "park" position (A Subaru DBW throttle doesn't appear to close fully with no power), The position appears to match 2 other DBW TB units I have when disconnected.) I'm using the Link Base map ATM. if i push the TB blade "closed", the ECU will show 0 throttle..

The car will thus rev up when started! (to about 5000 rpm... which i would expect for 7-10% throttle! Removing the Accelerator pedal will not change the Throttle opening. Its like the ECU needs to send the DBW throttle body a "close" signal. I haven't tried pushing the throttle closed when the car is started, but I think that is a moot point. I've also checked to see if its a Intake leak.

If you run a calibration on the Throttle body, It will close and indicate 0, go to full and indicate 100%, then return to the partial open park position once calibration is done. The Pedal appears to calibrate fine.

Modifying the DBW table does not appear to do anything. I believe the the 2 Idle control tables may affect the TPS opening, but can I be advised which one is the correct one to look at ?

I guess the other option is I have wired the DBW main and secondary reversed and the DBW power is also reversed? But that me clutching at straws! I'm also presuming its a simple issue to fix......

Happy to clarify.

Other info:

Car DID NOT do this with the Cable TB!!!!!!!!!!

The code I do get is :ECU Fault Code 84: Aux9/10 E-Throttle 1 IC Over Temperature / Under Voltage

image.png.cd7b23ede2dc3d3e14931f54c4b15718.png
image.png.8407b293b8fa00bb8ec96a41346463e9.pngTPS with Idle control "turned off", Throttle will slightly close, If idle enabled it will indicate 7% and the TB appears to be at 7%....

• kaptainballistik changed the title to Subaru DBW TB not closing enough at Idle. EDIT Its a 4x

Yes, its a 4X, Brain no worky thingy stuff......

Log contents are pretty basic, Besides seeing it hit the limiter.

[5:27:28 PM] File saved successfully.
[5:26:15 PM] File saved successfully.
[5:25:24 PM] ECU Fault Code 11: An Volt 1 below Error Low value
[5:25:24 PM] ECU Fault Code 84: Aux9/10 E-Throttle 1 IC Over Temperature / Under Voltage

Map wise, Its Out of the box V10 base map for the E-throttle. 

image.png.2d8fa51fa875b42860fdf71032e9e1e2.png
I will note, when offline the console will still show 7.2 %