Getting closer to first start, just want opinions on this trigger scope

SkyEyes

This will be my first time running any type of camshaft position sensor, and I want to make sure everything is set up properly before I try and start the car. 

I am running this crankshaft sensor (https://www.diyautotune.com/product/hall-effect-threaded-body-crankshaft-position-sensor/) running off switched 12v

-and-

This camshaft sensor (https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-engine-camshaft-position-sensor-0232101027) running off 5v. 

Having finally realized that they both needed pull-up resistors, I was finally able to get a successful trigger scope. What I'm curious about, is why the crank position sensor is only reading up to 3.43V, when I verified that it's getting 12v? 

I am also worried that the mechanical timing between the two reluctors is too close. 

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

trigger scope.png

Adam,

Engine is a 3.1L 4cyl in a Porsche 944 Turbo. Being new to link (coming from electromotive) I think I saved the scope and datalog to the link and not my computer. Battery is currently disconnected so I can’t pull them (or check to see if they are there). One thing I realized is that I’m not seeing about a quarter of the crank revolution so I’m verifying sensor and trigger wheel install. 

After re-assembly, I'm pretty sure the problem is fixed. I'm guessing the pull-up resistor is what drops the signal voltage down to 3.43V? Either way, It looks like I now have full 360deg resolution! I'll attach the scope log if you want to take a look. Camshaft sensor is not currently connected, as we were just trying to square away the crank signal.

As for the trigger scope log, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong? When I open the log in PCLink, it shows nothing. I also am not sure what typical log file size should be, and it's only 60kB.

TriggerScopeLog.llgx

Your triggerscope is fine.  Have you put the relevant parameters on your timeplot?  

4 hours ago, SkyEyes said:

I'm guessing the inline resistor is what drops the signal voltage down to 3.43V

You should not have an inline resistor.  Where did that info come from?  It is good practice to add a pull-up resistor with these ZF sensors for high-tooth count wheels so it sounds like you have it wrong.   

52 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Your triggerscope is fine.  Have you put the relevant parameters on your timeplot?  

You should not have an inline resistor.  Where did that info come from?  It is good practice to add a pull-up resistor with these ZF sensors for high-tooth count wheels so it sounds like you have it wrong.   

Adam,

I'm batting 1000 today...I meant the pull-up resistor in the software. I changed the wording in my above post so as not to confuse anyone who may read this thread. Before I turned that on, there was no signal on any scope I did. I'll search the manual for timeplot information and try to get it working.

Thanks for taking the time to explain this stuff!

After delving into the timeplot, I found where I can select individual parameters to show, and all works now. Thanks!