Manual override for Fans.

BlackBird_SR71

Atom G4+

ave Coolant fans triggered by Auxiliary Output #2 ( Pin #20)  . Works fine controlled by ECU. 

Would like to add an Manual Override switch which would simply ground the #85 Terminal on the Fan Control Relay. As this is also connected to Pin #20 on ECU, are there any special precautions that have to be made. Such as adding a Diode to wiring to ECU to prevent any type of Feedback. 

You cant have a relay that is live all the time connected to an aux output as it will cause a backfeed.  So if you are intending to use this override switch when the ignition is off the only way to do it would be to move the fan relay to an ignition drive. 

This would be only for turning on the Fan while the engine is running. Usefull in some Racing situations such as sitting waiting on starting line before a Hillclimb or Autocross.  Or just as a general Override . 

But I was thinking ( in my Sleep ) . I should be able to do this with a Generic input. Use Grounding Toggle switch on spare Auxiliary Input to actuate Aux #2 output to fan relay.  Hmm I could use the AC quicker function as well. Is that Voltage triggered or sink to ground triggered.  I think I just answered my own question. Now back to bed...