No Start Again

Ryley Coker

So when I got the car running the first time, I shut it off and ran an errand, came back and the engine was flooded up the intake runner with fuel. So I had to pull it and do a quick rebuild to get all the fuel out of there. Injectors click when doing the test in the correct cylinder, coil packs test, and fuel pump test was good. 

trigger scope 3-7.PNG

TriggerScopeLog 3-7.llgx

In the log you have no RPM when cranking and trigger 1 signal says "no".  

That contradicts your earlier triggerscope.  What changed between the triggerscope and log - something unplugged?  

Can you do another triggerscope and another log just to confirm the same results.

As far as I know nothing changed, I left for dinner and came back and did the PC log. Ill run home on lunch and do another trigger scope and PC log just to be sure. 

Alright here is a trigger scope, pc log, and some screen snips from my ecu that I just did.

signals while cranking.PNG

trigger scope 3-8.PNG

PC Datalog - 2021-03-8 12;43;15 pm.llgx TriggerScopeLog 3-8.llgx

Ok, in that log the trigger is working fine again but the MAP sensor has failed so you are getting no fuel.  It is reading 2.6kpa with engine off but it should be close to your BAP which is 84.5kpa.  

Possibly a bad ground somewhere which may explain the trigger not working yesterday, but all other sensors are reading fine in that log so I would start by checking there is 5V at the MAP sensor and it is outputting a voltage.

Ill recheck the MAP. And try doing some recalibration. And then see. Is there anything else that I might want to change in my Base Start Up Tune? I have the 550cc side feed injectors, EJ22T with DOHC, VF48 Turbo, GReddy Boost controller, FMIC. Not sure if the fueling is right on the tune. 

Everything looks ok in that log as far as the ECU is concerned.  You now have RPM, trigger status is happy, roughly correct looking inj PW and dwell.  So it should have all it needs to go.  TPS looks a little odd bouncing around a lot but that shouldnt prevent it from running.

I would try a squirt of starter fluid in the intake when cranking as that is a good way to eliminate any fuel related issue.  If you get signs of life with starter fluid then you need to investigate the fuel system.  If you still get no signs of life with starter fluid then you need to confirm there is spark and timing is correct.

Alright, I have tried both on, and off, no dice. I have does a coil pack test and then arced plugs as well to double check that the coil pack spring is touching the plug. I also tossed some ether into the intake, but it would not fire. My firing order is correct. The coil pack locations are correct when I do the test. I just did a resistance test between the coil pack harness and the ECU and it was .06ohm. 

1 hour ago, Ryley Coker said:

Since I am using a Direct Spark utilizing the coil pack conversion, how do I hook a timing light up to that? 

Take out cyl#1 COP & spark plug, then wrap a wire around the spark plug threads with one end of the wire connected to ground. Put the timing light pickup on the wire.

Alright, timing is on point. Swapped coil packs to new ones. Put new plugs in. And injectors. Just to eliminate everything. I adjusted the timing in the ECU to 10 since some 2.5 engines like to start there. But still no fire. I also noticed that there is air coming out of my throttle body, any thoughts as to that? All the marks lined up before I put the engine in. And they still line up now when I do it by hand. 

timing.jpg