S15 Silvia rear diff speed sensor calibration and front ABS sensor input FURY

Phil2JZ

Hi there, I have an s15 with a 2jzgte.

Im trying to calibrate my stock "rear diff" speed sensor (abs) to show driven wheel speed to my link G4+ FURY. I am getting a feedback but the value with the standard offset calibration of around 250 puts the speed way too high at around 150 strait away in first gear. I have to adjusted the offset calibration value to around 2-3000 to get it to read anything even close to correct speed. 

I guess my main question, is it even possible with the stock S15 rear diff speed sensor?

Im running a Toyota R154 gearbox but Im not using the stock VSS that the gearbox would have. I just don't have one as I bought a brand new gearbox.

I have the ABS deleted in the s15 but still have the sensors mounted.

I also have the stock cluster removed and running a Haltech IC7 dash. Everything works well from the LINK to the IC7 dash but not the speed. Im getting speed signal to the Link but not to the IC7. Im assuming that probably because the calibration is out.

I would also like to wire in the front ABS undriven wheel sensors to use for a launch control - traction control strategy once all calibrated.

It would be great to be able to use the stock sensors for driven and undriven sensor feedback if possible?

Worst case, buy a new R154 gearbox VSS and a universal front wheel sensor, mount them up, wire in and calibrate...

If the calibration number needs to be that high it suggests the sensor has a high tooth count and is probably going to exceed the G4+ frequency limitation at higher speeds.  That is not going to stop your dash working at low speeds though - as long as there is a speed reading in PC Link there should be the same speed reading on the dash.

ABS sensors will also likely exceed the G4+ 500Hz frequency limitation. 

Your options would be the gearbox sensor and custom wheel trigger wheel that you suggested, possibly removing some teeth from the ABS and diff sensors if you are no longer using ABS,  frequency dividers to to divide the sensor signal down, or something like he ECU master wheel speed to CAN device which will accept the high frequency signals and send them to the ECU over CAN.