Electronic Transfer Solenoid ECU Pin Assignment Link Thunder

Jarrett

I'm looking to wire for future use an electronic transfer case for my project with a 4 position connector for which the pins 1 and 2 are as shown in the attachment (+/-). Can auxiliary outputs 19 and 20 be used to control the solenoid?

If there are 4 total positions on this connector, is it likely that the other two are simply power and ground? The contact size is the same for all four, and it would seem that the transfer case would require something a little more substantial in terms of power needs.

Would like to use something like this to potentially do away with the hydraulic ATTESA system altogether. Logic for control can be determined at some point later, so long as I can build the harness correctly, first.

ATTESA E Pinout.PNG

ATTESA Connector.PNG

According to your diagram, only two of the pins are connected.  You will need to check resistance of the solenoid to see if it can be driven directly by ECU.  If the resistance is higher than about 7ohms it will be ok, if it is lower than 7 ohms you will need a solidstate relay to control it.

Aux 19 or 20 arent capable of GP PWM so it will be best to use Aux 1-8.  Only one aux is required, the other side will be connected to 12V.

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't very clear with my questions, sorry. These are the only two positions on the 4 pin connector I can find in any diagram on the service manual. So I meant to ask what the other two likely were (given that there are 4 pins on the OEM connector) based on what's required to operate an electronic transfer case.

The image is from an eBay listing, and I don't actually have it in my possession. I should be getting the one I ordered in at some point this week and can test resistance across positions 1 and 2 at that point.

The transfer case is from the AWD V36 Skyline (Infiniti G35X here in the States). I didn't have it in my possession until just a few moments ago, so sorry for the delayed response. It does, in fact, have wires populated into all respective positions in the connector.

Here's a link to my Dropbox that may suggest it's to trigger the AWD warning light, but I'm only guessing here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xf3ebnfxit6q4fm/Transfer Case FSM.pdf?dl=0

And here's a picture of the connector pigtail.

PXL_20210414_230150035.jpg