First start immediate stall

MarcusV

Hello,

I've got a Dodge Stealth Twin turbo (Mitsubishi 3000gt vr4) with the Evolink G4 ECU configured to use three wasted spark coils and six injectors instead of the four in the evo.

I'm struggling to get it run after the first start and it stalls during the first two seconds. The master fuel settings have no effect on this, neither do any of the other things I've tried. I've ruled out mechanical faults, and the car ran fine before this ecu. I ditched the maf with the Link and use the on-board MAP now. 

Apparently the datalog shows the IDC dropping to zero before stalling, I'm wondering if it could have something to do with my problem. Otherwise I'm pretty much out of ideas now. For clarification, the fuel calculation message was just temporary after I tried to lean the car for testing purposes.

IDC present:

14959768.jpg

IDC gone:

14959767.jpg

Ok, I'll proceed with this tomorrow. What parameters should I include in the log to maximize it's usefulness? Are those current ones enough? I haven't even fiddled with the maps really, following the instructions to make it idle with the fuel master setting instead. But yeah I'll post them too.. Thanks!

You have both igniotion switch and starter set to DI2.  It looks like it should only be assigned to starter as that input turns off when you stop cranking.  Since "ignition switch" turns off at the same time the ecu cuts fuel and ign.

Wow, you nailed it! It's always the simple stuff that causes most problems and they often remain unnoticed in a diverse system like this. I just removed the ignition switch from DI2 and the car fired right up! I can't thank you enough, as I've spent hours after hours working on this issue.