help setting few things up

replica-rs4

Hi.

Im in process of modifying my harness. I need help setting up and wiring few items.

1. Set up monitoring for cam advance and set up error threshold  in difference between 2 banks .

Engine is a v6 with simple on/off switch type cam phase of 22 degrees on intake cam only , no vvt on exhaust side. I have wired both solenoids to aux out with 3 conditions set up. I have only on bank wired for camshaft position sensor as trigger. What do i wire bank 2 cam position sensor to and how to set it up to log both cam position sensors?

2. I would like to retain evap system . evap purge solenoid needs a ground signal from ecu , so that should be wired to aux out. Leak detection pump has 2 connection to ecu,  ground signal from ecu , which again should be wired to aux out and second one is some kind of resistance feed back to ecu, what do i wire this too ? How do i set all this up in pclink ? 

3. How do i set up safety limits for oil pressure . I would like 2 stages . Stage 1 trigger oil pressure warming light that is wired to aux out, stage 2 shut off engine . Also would like different pressure threshold for different engine speed.

Thank you

1. I suspect it may not be possible to monitor switched cam positions.  The 2nd position sensor would be wired to DI 1-4.  You could try setting up user defined VVT to see if you get cam positions reported - im not sure if it will work without 2 auxes assigned as vvt solenoids.  Instructions for setting up user defined vvt is in the help file.
  2. Purge is no drama, there is no leak detection function in the ecu.  
  3. Probably a GP limit table for the safety shut off and a GP output with say 3 conditions for the lamp.  There is an example in the help file for an oil presure GP limit.