Canbus 2 internal termination (G4+ Fury)

Mikau

In the final steps of wiring on my project and decided to use DI9/10 for CAN. From what I've gathered across multiple threads these two channels are required to be set to off in PCLink to allow bus data to transmit. I have 120 Ohms currently on the bus wiring (DI9/10 not connected) and was going to use the Fury as the end termination. Upon completing the necessary wiring to DI9/10 and retesting the leads I'm still finding a resistance value of 120 Ohms. Is only Can1 terminated internally or have I missed something inside the PCLink settings?

I can assure you there is built in internal termination on CAN 2 but it is difficult to measure due to the hardware that is used to switch those pins functionality from DI to CAN.  The termination is only connected when DI9/10 are switched off and CAN2 is switched on & ecu is powered up.  When there is data on the bus you cant measure the resistance.  I suspect if you have CAN 2 set to on but all of the channels set to off and all other devices unplugged from the CAN2 bus then you will be able to measure the termination resistance.

I’ll take your word for it Adam and appreciate the response. I’m away from my car/laptop at the moment I notice you mention turning CAN2 on? I’m new to PCLink but I don’t recall seeing anything in the configuration to enable or disable either CAN 1 or 2. Is this figurative or a literal switch in PCLink?

Thanks.