Pc link connection error message

Alex lai

Pc link connection problem with wrx6 g4+ plug in ecu, 1st time show this error message after press ok  all displays data freezes but pc link still show online,  I try on and off ignition key and restart laptop many time also can't solve it.

SharedScreenshot-3.jpg

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

Please give us a screenshot of the Help>about screen and the Help>ecu information screen with ecu connected.

laptop after win10 based system and driver update just now I try problem solved. 

IMG_20210509_180959.jpg

SharedScreenshot88 88 .jpg

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

Can you attach a pic of >help>about as requested earlier. 

What language and region settings is windows using?  Have you tried a different laptop?

This is your requested pic,ecu and pc link version information. 

SharedScreenshot88 88 .jpg

Screenshot_20210511_100431.jpg

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

Can you attach a pic of >help>about as requested earlier. 

What language and region settings is windows using?  Have you tried a different laptop?

SharedScreenshotW .jpg

You could try temporarily changing regional format to English US, but I havent heard of any issues with Malaysian formating before so I dont think it is that.

If that doesnt help I think I would try a clean install, maybe on of the parameter lists is messed up.  

1. Save ack up copies of any custom layouts and basemaps somewhere safe.
  2. Uninstall PC Link.
  3. Completely delete the Link G4X folder from C:.
  4. Completely delete the PC Link folder from C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming (you may need to turn on hidden items in windows explorer to find this).
  5. Install fresh copy of PC Link.

23 minutes ago, Adamw said:

You could try temporarily changing regional format to English US, but I havent heard of any issues with Malaysian formating before so I dont think it is that.

If that doesnt help I think I would try a clean install, maybe on of the parameter lists is messed up.  

1. Save ack up copies of any custom layouts and basemaps somewhere safe.
  2. Uninstall PC Link.
  3. Completely delete the Link G4X folder from C:.
  4. Completely delete the PC Link folder from C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming (you may need to turn on hidden items in windows explorer to find this).
  5. Install fresh copy of PC Link.

I think not windows language issue, because before no any connection error occurs, but when error message come up I start the engine and restart pc link software the connection working at all, after turn off the ignition switch and restart pc link software connect 2nd time error issue will come up again. 

Later will try your advise reinstall the software hope can solve it.