evo 8 plug in question

evo_gerard

good day everyone,

have a quick question. could the evo 8 plug in ecu do full staged sequential injection and direct fire ignition?

i'm trying to help a friend plan a build and i really want him to use a link plug in ecu

any info will be greatly appreciated

Looking at the notes in the help manual the inj 8 drive has some special hardware on it in the plugin and so can't be used for injection. That being said if you are going to the effort of wiring up an extra 4 injectors and I imagine a whole bunch of sensors I would highly recommend going with one of the wire in ECUs such as the Storm, Xtreme or Fury, you'll save yourself a lot of hassle over trying to add a whole bunch of extra wiring to a plugin unit.

11 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Looking at the notes in the help manual the inj 8 drive has some special hardware on it in the plugin and so can't be used for injection. That being said if you are going to the effort of wiring up an extra 4 injectors and I imagine a whole bunch of sensors I would highly recommend going with one of the wire in ECUs such as the Storm, Xtreme or Fury, you'll save yourself a lot of hassle over trying to add a whole bunch of extra wiring to a plugin unit.

ok understood. so it's more or less impossible with a plugin ecu.

full sequential staged is impossible without altering the bottom board, sequential primary with grouped secondary is possible if you swap some pins around (injector 5&6 are wired to fuel pump control stuff), Direct Ignition is possible if you swap some pins around (ignition 3&4 are wired to AC Clutch and an Engine fan output). Doing a wire-in for such a heavily modified setup is much simpler and tidier.