Running 12 injectors

ruben

Hi, I currently run a g4 + plug in in gtr but have since upgraded intake manifolds that run 2 injectors per port which equates to 12 injectors. My question is can I run 12 injectors on my current ecu or do I need to upgrade said ecu?

The best option would be to do it as staged injection.  So, you have 6 primary injectors which are fired sequentially and then 6 secondaries which would be fired in 2 groups of 3 connected to Inj 7 & 8.

The only small hiccup in this plan is Injector 7 output is used for the idle valve in the stock configuration.    

So to make inj7 available for secondary injectors would need a couple of relatively minor changes;  

1. You would need to move the idle valve 12V wire so that it is powered by an ignition switched source (in the factory loom it is live all the time which is why we needed to use an injector drive).  
  2. The idle valve signal wire would need to be moved to a spare aux output (possibly one of the fuel pump controller auxes).
  3. A small flyback diode would need to be removed from the adapter board to make the Inj 7 drive circuit the same as all the other drives (it currently has the extra diode added to make the idle valve work correctly).  This is a relatively simple soldering job, either we could do it, or I can give you info to do it yourself if you are capable.

• 3 months later...

What if I want to run 2 injectors per cyclinder at the same time instead of staged? The reason I suggest that is that the injectors are side by side on the intake runner not centred. Would that draw too much from each injector driver on the ecu ? 

• 5 months later...