trigger errors above 6500rpm atom x 1uzfe

pslmotorsluke

so im making a base tune but having issues with triggers above 6500 rpm. If i set the rpm limit to 6500 or below it sits on limiter with no trigger errors. If i set it above that most of the  time its cutting trigger 1 for 250ms. Tried all sorts of rpm limiter settings thinking that was the issue, but if set the limiter higher it still does trigger the issue around 6500 to 6800. It has shielded trigger wires earthed to the ecu and a new crank sensor. Runs the 1uzfe settings found on trigger page with level 2 filtering. But the problem still remains when its been running a while. It runs honda k20a coils and i have adapted dwell times to suit and it still remains the same. I will attach trigger scope at 5k 6k and limter  and normal logs of the issue area too, any suggestions welcome... thanks

TriggerScopeLog 5k.llgx TriggerScopeLog 6.5k.llgx TriggerScopeLog limter.llgx PC Datalog - 2021-05-25 2;11;38 pm.llgx TriggerScopeLog.llgx PC Datalog - 2021-05-25 2;11;38 pm.llgx TriggerScopeLog 5k.llgx TriggerScopeLog 6.5k.llgx TriggerScopeLog limter.llgx TriggerScopeLog.llgx

Unfortunately your ECU is one of the earlier ones which had more basic trigger scope functionality so we cant see ther voltages or waveform to get a good feel for what is going on.  

But the firt thing I would try is just reduce the arming thresholds a little on trig 1 & 2 to see if that makes any difference.  

Try something like below.  If that doesnt help I think you will need to get someone with a standalone scope to do a capture at high RPM.  Or possibly you can borrow a newer ecu off someone to use the triggerscope function.

hi thanks for the reply . i thought being the x model was new or is it early x ?  yeah the arming threshold is currently as the 1uzfe section for setup recommends .

i  did try small drop in arming threshold will try further .  you mention try something as below ,should there be attachment?

thanks for time will try lowering arming threshold tomorrow evening and let know how goes .

Yep, didnt attach pic sorry.  Done now.  The 1UZ arming thresholds in the help file normally work fine - and we do tons of those engines down here in NZ, but it is the first thing to eliminate since we dont have much else to go on.  The voltage is largely influenced by sensor air gap and I have seen other odd factors in the past such as the trigger wheel partially magetised from someone welding near it etc.

Your Atom is hardware revision 2.4, the full triggerscope hardware was added in V3.0 and later.  

SOgSC0S.png

58 minutes ago, pslmotorsluke said:

Duno what to try next .

Already suggested that:

12 hours ago, Adamw said:

If that doesnt help I think you will need to get someone with a standalone scope to do a capture at high RPM.  Or possibly you can borrow a newer ecu off someone to use the triggerscope function.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:14 AM, Adamw said:

Already suggested that:

Hi mate so tried settings u said and no good   as was but if turn filtering  to 4 on cam  and level 3 crank with those settings . I domt get any trigger errors all way to 7k limit no issues .

Even now tried normal 1uz arming threshold  but max filtering  and its fine. 

Now is it causing any issues  running thst much filtering with no faults

Don't get why need so much filtering  

I bought link ecu plug with 2.5m loom and soldered all new connections  to end.of wires no joins .   The trigger Conections shielded to about 1 inch off end .  

Can hit limter at 7k hard now and no trigger errors tho .

I guess want  as Little filtering as possible  ? Or it ok on level 4 if works 

Thanks 

Thanks again mate. Hopefully  new cam sensor  comes start next week and try  lowering filtering after that .     Semsor earth is bolted to engine block not body this wouldn't cause interference  would it ? 

Seem to be the cam filtering that issue .so gona try normal 1uz trigger 1 settings tomorrow  and see if ok  if is then I wait for new cam semsor and go from there . 

Hi again quick update  after some testing this morning   now have 1uz arming settings  and level 2 trigger 1 filtering   but level 3 cam trigger filtering  and issue gone  pic attached. 

Well.worth trying new cam  sensorr wen turns up a think 

20210529_092156.jpg