DBC to DBW conversion

Itamar_M

Hi, I have a MY00 Impreza GC8 with a PNP G4+ WRX6+ ECU.

I would like to convert to a DBW throttle body\pedal system. The DBW is from a newer model Subaru STI.

My question is, is my ECU compatible with a DBW system or do I need some external module (RET G4+ for example) to make it work?

Thanks,

Itamar

This ecu doesnt have the Aux 9 & 10 outputs available on any user accessable pins so the two options would be:

1. Use the external module G4RET.  You will need to move a couple of aux wires around to free up one of the aux 1-4 pins.  You will need an exspansion loom for the extra APS/TPS sensors.  
  2. You could return the ECU to Link in NZ to add some flying leads to make Aux 9/10 available and add modify the power circuit to use the onboard controller.  You will also need the expansion loom for this option.

These two options work out about the same cost, the main difference will be the shipping delay if you choose option 2.

21 hours ago, Adamw said:

This ecu doesnt have the Aux 9 & 10 outputs available on any user accessable pins so the two options would be:

1. Use the external module G4RET.  You will need to move a couple of aux wires around to free up one of the aux 1-4 pins.  You will need an exspansion loom for the extra APS/TPS sensors.  
  2. You could return the ECU to Link in NZ to add some flying leads to make Aux 9/10 available and add modify the power circuit to use the onboard controller.  You will also need the expansion loom for this option.

These two options work out about the same cost, the main difference will be the shipping delay if you choose option 2.

Thank you!