Setting the rpm limit

azmak

We would really need to see a log of the problem to confirm, but most likely I would say it is due to trigger error.  The Nissan 360 CAS typically doesnot work well at high RPM especially with performance camshafts and heavier valve springs.

Yes, you can see in the log the trigger 1 error counter increases at the same time as the RPM limit activates.  It is not caught in the log due to the slow logging rate but there would have been a small spike to high RPM due to the error which set off the limiter.  

You can also see al lower RPM that dwell is very unstable so this is a common sign of a poor accuracy trigger.

These are a low cost upgrade that work very well:  https://www.nzwiring.com/index.php/product/trigger-kit/

When I had the stock ignition coil, the RPM limit was exactly as set. After replacing it with an aftermarket multi-spark ignition coil the other day, the RPM limit started to shift. Do you think that is the problem?

I suspect that is more just a conincidence - Although the ignition system could definately create more electrical noise that could interfere with the trigger, there are several reasons the Nissan 360 trigger is often not good at high RPM.