Launch Control

Ryley Coker

Everything is working perfectly except.... launch control. The activation is at 4600 rpm, with the TPS at 75%. And the tuner and I were trying to get the launch control lockout to engage at 2mph. HOWEVER, when I try and connect the ecu to DI 4 for the ECU, it shows as inactive. I am running an older 5 speed with the 4.44. Am I missing something? 

7 hours ago, Vaughan said:

For frequency inputs on the G4X it will show inactive until it sees a frequency signal. What kind of speed sensor does it have, how have you connected it and how fast are you spinning it to test it?

Mechanical to cluster. And speed from the transmission. I’m on the dyno to test it. 

I've definitely seen @Adamw talk about issues with cable speedos grabbing in their sheath and dodgy reed switches in clusters so might be worth seeing what he recommends. It is possible to filter it but it if the source can be improved first that would be better.

26 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

I've definitely seen @Adamw talk about issues with cable speedos grabbing in their sheath and dodgy reed switches in clusters so might be worth seeing what he recommends. It is possible to filter it but it if the source can be improved first that would be better.

There’s really no more room to get anything else through the firewall for digital. I’ll see what he recommends. 

1 hour ago, Ryley Coker said:

Mechanical to cluster. And speed from the transmission. I’m on the dyno to test it. 

Can you clarify this?  Where does the ecu get speed from - the cluster?  What model chassis?

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Can you clarify this?  Where does the ecu get speed from - the cluster?  What model chassis?

It’s a 1993 Subaru Legacy sport 

it has the old wrx 5speed with 4.44

There’s a 2 piece speedo cable that comes out of the transmission into the cluster. 

there’s an abs sensor that will detect slip but I’m not sure if it detects wheel speed. 

the old EJ20G ecu that the car used to have would through a check engine light if the ecu could not detect speed from the transmission. 

I see our old G4 base map had the pull-up turned on for DI4, whereas in G4+ and G4X it is turned off, so maybe that setting has been lost in conversion somewhere.  Can you go to GP Inputs and try turning it on, see if that makes any difference.  If not then you likely have a wiring or sensor problem that will need some diagnosing.  

jEqrReV.png

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

I see our old G4 base map had the pull-up turned on for DI4, whereas in G4+ and G4X it is turned off, so maybe that setting has been lost in conversion somewhere.  Can you go to GP Inputs and try turning it on, see if that makes any difference.  If not then you likely have a wiring or sensor problem that will need some diagnosing.  

jEqrReV.png

Does it matter if I don’t have the DCCD hooked up? I’ve never had it wired in.