G4 CAN configuration not showing?

Eigdoog

Hello,

So im trying to add a CANCHECKED gauge onto my G4 but cant seem to open the Can settings when the ECU is plugged in. 

Im using the PCLINK for a G4 and get a message saying the firmware needs updating but i cant seem to do that either. 

Can anyone help with this please.

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

With ECU connected, if you go to >help>ecu information, what is the maincode firmware verison?  And if you go to >help>about, what is the PC Link version?

Hello,

PC Link version is 4.10.2.1784. Build date 13:35:03 Nov 11 2013

ECU 4.7.0

ECU type G4 Strom 

Thanks

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

You are on old firmware, User CAN was only added in 4.8.0.  I suggest you update to the latest 4.10.2

How do i update? Do i need to download each version and do it one by one? I couldn't see how to update straight to 4.10.2.

I take it i won't lose the map in doing this?

Also do i have the engine off and just run from the battery?

Thank you Adam for your help.

You go straight to 4.10.2.  Always save a copy of your map before an update so you can roll back if you need to, but no you wont lose your map.  The tune may need some adjustment depending if any part of your tune is affected by any of the changes or improvements listed in the release notes.  Yes engine must be off.

14 hours ago, Adamw said:

You go straight to 4.10.2.  Always save a copy of your map before an update so you can roll back if you need to, but no you wont lose your map.  The tune may need some adjustment depending if any part of your tune is affected by any of the changes or improvements listed in the release notes.  Yes engine must be off.

Thanks again.

Ive updated the ECU but still no CAN settings? When connected to the ECU i only get

Disconnect ECU

ECU log file download

Store ECU

Restore to factory settings

Setup password 

Unlock password

However when im disconnected i get much more including CAN configuration but when i click it i then i get a error message saying "CAN is not supported by this firmware version, upgrade firmware and try again" 

Maybe i cant open the G4 CAN? Or is there a different setting for the RS232?

14 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Sounds like your tune is password protected.  You will need the password from the tuner to be able to access anything. 

Ah i never thought of that. Ill have to try and get in contact with them. I got the car like this so hope they give it to me. 

If not is it just a reset? wondering if i could save the map and upload it again with a new password? 

Gutted about that!