What file is controlling the menus at the top of the program?

mattj

I lost all the views I had in the "Log Analysis" Display Modem when I deleted and reloaded the PCLink software.  I went back and reloaded all the original sample files (layouts, logfile, and basemaps), and it's still not switching my view back to the menus of the Log Analysis.

7FCB1254-9F17-4D8C-A772-C9E5E0BD3944_MOD.thumb.jpg.37c9a24bcc3fd333ea777019c32e209e.jpg

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

The pages/tabs across the top such as "Cold start" "VVT" etc shown in your pic are pages in the layout.  You need to load the correct layout though.

Ok.  I can't believe I'm having so much issue with this software.  I must have a corrupt layout file.  I deleted the software again.  Reinstalled.  Opened a basemap file.  Opened a layout file.  Opened a logfile.  All looked like expected.  Then, opened one of my basemap files.  Loaded the same Link example layout file.  All is good.  Loaded my layout file.  No longer can use the "Log Analysis" views/menus.  Open the Link sample layout file....now I can no longer use the Log Analysis views and I can't get the software to recover.  Have to delete it again.  Ugh.

You may have to do a video to show what is going on, it sounds like you are doing something wrong or not understanding how it works. 

You know the software uses two different layouts depending on if you have a map open or not?  With a map open or when connected to an ecu it uses "ECU" display mode and will use whatever layout you had loaded/saved in "ECU" display mode,  with no map open it will be in "Log Analysis" display mode so will the layout you had loaded for that mode. 

You can change modes in the display mode menu and you can also load the same layout for both modes if you wish.   

1 minute ago, Adamw said:

You may have to do a video to show what is going on, it sounds like you are doing something wrong or not understanding how it works. 

You know the software uses two different layouts depending on if you have a map open or not?  With a map open or when connected to an ecu it uses "ECU" display mode and will use whatever layout you had loaded/saved in "ECU" display mode,  with no map open it will be in "Log Analysis" display mode so will the layout you had loaded for that mode. 

You can change modes in the display mode menu and you can also load the same layout for both modes if you wish.   

That makes sense.  Do the new layouts that were posted recently still use the Log Analysis views?  I figured out the Log Analysis screens work with the old original layouts.  They don't do anything with the new layouts.  Could that be possible?  

I'll have to see if I have software that can record the screen still.

You can load whichever layout you want for either display mode.  I use the same layout for both modes so regardless whether I have a map open or not I get the same screen.  But some users like to be able to quickly swap between a tuning view with only tuning stuff on screen and a logging view with no tuning stuff taking up space. 

19 hours ago, Adamw said:

You can load whichever layout you want for either display mode.  I use the same layout for both modes so regardless whether I have a map open or not I get the same screen.  But some users like to be able to quickly swap between a tuning view with only tuning stuff on screen and a logging view with no tuning stuff taking up space. 

Oh, gotcha.  You mean when I have a logfile open and then I open a layout file, it will pertain to the Log Analysis mode?  Then, if I load my basemap, and then load a layout file, it will pertain to the ECU layout?