WB Reading error

Stuhagen

This topic might have been previously discussed, but I couldn't find answers. Is it common to have the Vipec read about .5 AFR higher than the Display gauge? I have a Innovate, Bosch type sensor. It read fine when I had another management system. Is there a "fix" for this? Is it a grounding issue? I would really like to know the true AFRs. Whether it is on my 52mm gauge, or the Vipec. Plus I do not really know which one is correct. The Vipec or the gauge. I suspect the gauge is accurate and the Vipec is reading higher.

Stu

You should ground the Innovate to the same point as the ecu ground to avoid ground offsets (Vi-Pec pin 25 & 34) Also check in LM programmer that the output you are using are setup correctly according to the info provided from Innovate. Something like 0V - 7.36 AFR and 5V - 22 AFR. I have seen a couple of these come with some strange values from factory...

For a test, program the Innovate to show a flat 2.5V and check with a voltmeter connected between Innovate output and ecu/Innovate ground that the Innovate actually output 2.5V. When verified, program back to default setting.

When wired and setup correctly, the gauge and Vi-PEC should read pretty close. If still not correct, do as Simon says and instead of chosing default LC-1 calibration under Wideband in your analog input where you have your Innovate wired, choose a free cal table. example cal 4 if it is not in use and assign it.

Then setup as air/fuel and start with 0V - 7.36 AFR and 5V - 22 AFR. Then you can tweak these values until the Vi-PEC shows the same as your gauge.

Little hard to explain another language...:)

I understand. Right now, it is set at Innovate LC1. I can change to Calc 4. If I go into Calc 4, it is already set up for 0v-5v, 7.35-22.0 AFR.

So If I change this from LC1 to Calc 4, I then can maybe change the 5.0v to like 4.5v? And see if this fixes it? Or would I change the 22.0 to 21.5.

Not sure exactly which value I should change.

Since this seems to be a much easier fix, I will try this first. I am pretty sure my LC1 is chassis grounded and not ECU grounded. Although I can run

a ground wire off the LC1 ground wire over the the ECU ground easily as well.