Honda S2000 F20C trigger mode?

MattK@dentsport

Hi all, wiring a V44 into a 2001 USDM Honda S2000 with F20C engine. The crank trigger is 12 evenly spaced teeth, the cam has 3 teeth, 90* apart. If I select S2000 trigger mode, no PRM is shown even though Trig 1 and Trig 2 turn green in runtime values while cranking. I suspect this S2000 trigger mode is for the newer engines with different crank and cam triggers (similar to K20). If I use multitooth trigger setting I get RPM but the ECU will sync on the first cam tooth that comes around which is not working but maybe once in every 4-5 cranks. I guess what I am asking is how do we set up a multi tooth sync wheel without grinding teeth off the cam wheel? Latest firmware in the ECU, everything else works a treat. Any input appreciated.

Couple of things to check.

Make sure you are taking trigger 2 off the intake cam.

Polarity of the sensors will be critical make sure you see a rising and then falling signal as the tooth goes past.

Trigger arming voltage will also have an effect if it is too high it will miss teeth.

• 1 month later...