G4x MonsoonX Trigger errors

Mickeyk

Hi there,

Just setting up a Monsoonx on an Isuzu G180W twincam with a Sr20det Cas running 4 ls1 coil packs. I have it wired in and have started setting it up. Checked the triggers this morning, and I seem to be getting a lot of trigger errors. Is this an acceptable amount?

Also would you be able to recommend a base fuel tune from the pclink maps to get me started?

Cheers for the help!

TriggerScopeLog1.llgx

No, it definitely doesnt look happy with the trigger for some reason.  It loses sync in a couple of spots and starts re-syncing from scratch.  I dont know all of the tests that are used in this trigger mode to know what part is failing but one thing that looks a bit odd is a regular significant slow down of the crank about every 180deg, not sure if that is just slowing down from compression, or it is firing and kicking back, or just a flat battery.  Can you do another scope with it cranking with the spark plugs out so there is no compression or firing.  If the trigger errors disappear like that it will give us some clues.

Please attach your map as well.  

It does seem there is still something a bit odd going on, you can see there is a small patch where the spacing between trig 1 teeth temporarily gets way longer than the rest of them, the ECU gives up waiting since it took so much longer than the previous teeth.  The slots are 2 degs apart and all the same width, so with the plugs are out those tooth spacings should be very consistent, it suggests the CAS is possibly faulty, maybe a loose connection, or maybe something weird like large backlash in the CAS drive?

Do you know anyone with a CAS you could borrow?  

qft0iyQ.png

I’ve got a spare cas but would have to modify it to fit the engine. I could swap the internals though. Could it be slop in the timing chain possibly? These engines have hydraulic tensioners that don’t get full tension til pressure is built up. 

Yeah if the CAS internals are similar it would be a good test to swap the guts over.  I think it would have to be fairly serious timing chain slop to cause that so I think it is unlikely.  The spacing between those two trigger 2 teeth is 180deg crank rotation, so that short blank patch looks about 20deg long.