Basemap RX7

Robzter

Hello.

I bought a vipec v88 for my rx7. i run 2x1260cc precision injectors on primary and 4 bosch 1680cc bluetops on secondary. 45psi och base fuel pressure with E85. also run quite agressive ports on this engine. I got a basemap from the tuner i bought the vipec from but i cant get it to start on it. anyone have a basemap that could work?

TPS is calibrated, have you calibrated the MAP sensor under the options tab, directly below TPS Setup.

To check the ignition timing is correct,

Turn the Injectors OFF, or set the Fuel Master to 0 or disconnect the injectors so that NO fuel is injected while doing the calibration.

Go to the Triggers Tab and open,

At the bottom of the Triggers tree, you will see a tab called Calibrate, open this tab.

Double click on the Set Base Timing Tab.

Enter a value in the Lock Ignition Timing To box, eg: 10 DEGREES

Crank the engine and using a timing light, adjust the OFFSET VALUE until the timing angle matches the Locked Ignition value.

Once the value matches, select the DONE tab.

Press F4 to save the value to the ECU.

DONT FORGET TO REACTIVATE THE INJECTORS or RESET THE FUEL MASTER VALUE once you have finished.

Now you state that sometimes you get a ""pofff"" while cranking,

if this sound is emitted from the intake then there is a fair chance that the fuel master value is too small and the engine is too lean to fire, that is if the timing was correct at the time.

Adjust the FUEL MASTER VALUE up in small amounts and crank the engine, i normally hold the throttle open at a small amount say 5 % when doing initial start up to help, until you get the values correct.

Do you have a wideband A/F meter to check your mixtures.

If the engine fires and runs, let it warm up and then RECHECK YOUR IGNITION TIMING using the same procedure as before.

Once you have confirmed the timing is correct with the engine running, you must set the Ignition Delay, which is step 3 in the Calibration tab.

Set the LOCK IGNITION TIMING VALUE to say 20 degrees, this will allow the engine to rev when you open the throttle.

Rev the engine and adjust the DELAY VALUE until there is no drift in the timing.

Start with a value of 50 microseconds,

Let us know how you go,

Regards

Dave.

Hi there , you need to verify weather or not the maps you are trying are from gasoline toned motors , E85 is an alcohol like methanol and like methanol you will require about 4X the amount of fuel 1 you will need to increase your fuel master and fuel map injecton values substantially.

Hi Robzter,

the base map i sent you IS NOT for E85.

Did you try the ignition timing calibration etc that i posted for you earlier.

You need to verify the ignition timing before proceding, then as i stated keep adding to the fuel master value until you get the engine to fire.

Regards

Dave.

Got everything to runt today. had alot of trouble with fuel delivery. had to have master fuel on 50ms and +50%. got it to runt but sudenly while we took the car for a small drive the front injector gave up. so now i tried putting 2 of my secondaries as primaries and now it runs and starts all nice. so i could lower it to 10ms and +0%.

• 4 weeks later...