Realdash Can setup

Lotussuper7

Hello.

A question regarding Realdash can communication:

I currently have the classic Displaylink connected and working on the Can2 output from my ecu. I would like to leave that operating if possible, but also have a connection to an adapter for realdash.

My question is: Can I have both running on the Can2 network simultaneously? One on the external plug, and the other using the Can2 wiring on the main ecu connector?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, Lotussuper7 said:

Can I have both running on the Can2 network simultaneously? One on the external plug, and the other using the Can2 wiring on the main ecu connector?

Not sure what you are asking here.  What ecu are you talking about?  None have two CAN 2 ports.  Some have CAN 1 on the round port and CAN 2 on the B connector.  

But regardless of which ecu, yes you can run multiple CAN devices on the same bus. 

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, my mistake, for some reason I had it in my head that the programming port could also be used as can1, and the second (round) port was can2.( and the 'b' loom was just a alternate way of connecting Can2) I now realise that was just wrong. 

The ecu is the Fury x standalone.

Just trying to get my head around the Can setup, as I have never dealt with Can before. (Apart from getting the displaylink going).

Thanks for the info. Looks like the displaylink is on Can1 then, and I can just connect Can Hi/Low on Can2. (From the 'b' connector) to my adapter.

Not sure why I thought it was that way, just had it in my head that when I got the Displaylink going (plugged into the front round connector) I had selected Can2.  However, it seems my mind must have been playing tricks on me.

I think one thing that made me think it worked that way was the fact I came from the Link g3 Lem that would not let the Can port work when the programming cable was connected. I had to disconnect the displaylink when I wanted to use the pc connection.

Hopefully I can get Realdash working without too many troubles. 

Looks like I have a bit more reading to do to familiarize myself with the can setup process.

Thanks for your reply