Ej257 tps calibration

Matt257

So is this a factory E-throttle car?  

It appears there is something wrong with the TPS main signal.  It is sitting at 0.0-0.01V all the time, you can see when the ECU sends power to the motor the TPS sub sensor shows movement, but the TPS main doesnt.  

In our Subaru test car the TPS main voltage doesnt go below 0.58V, so something seems wrong there.  I would start by checking is there is a more normal voltage at the TPS main pin at the throttle body.  

Pic below showing how you can check this, im using a proper acupuncture probe but you can use a sewing pin or similar poked down beside the wire.  TPS main is the top wire.  Ground probe is just clipped onto the engine.

TKsslBa.png

38 minutes ago, Adamw said:

So is this a factory E-throttle car?  

It appears there is something wrong with the TPS main signal.  It is sitting at 0.0-0.01V all the time, you can see when the ECU sends power to the motor the TPS sub sensor shows movement, but the TPS main doesnt.  

In our Subaru test car the TPS main voltage doesnt go below 0.58V, so something seems wrong there.  I would start by checking is there is a more normal voltage at the TPS main pin at the throttle body.  

Pic below showing how you can check this, im using a proper acupuncture probe but you can use a sewing pin or similar poked down beside the wire.  TPS main is the top wire.  Ground probe is just clipped onto the engine.

TKsslBa.png

Yes it is factory e-throttle. I will begin by checking TPS main voltage like you showed. If I get no voltage or below 0.58v would that indicate a short or bad wire? Or bad TPS