Problems with jump Thunder G4+ to Fury G4X

Omelay Motorsport

Hello all.  I replaced the Thunder G4+ ECU with a Fury G4X and copied the calibration with Thunder G4+ (as much as possible), now the engine starts poorly, shoots into the exhaust pipe. When the engine does start, it works well, but worse than on the Thunder G4 +. How big is the difference between these ECUs? (calibrated)

Honda S2000_2,0L_vtec.pclr S2000_2,0_Vtec.pclx

Nothing jumps out at me in the log, it appears to be happy.  Battery voltage is very low when cranking, but it doesnt seem to be bad enough to effect anything. But ignition timing may be bouncing around during cranking due to the crank speed being erratic.  Have you checked ignition timing with a timing light?

We use a lightweight lithium battery, so the voltage drops a lot, but we have been using them for several years.  Let's try to put in a more powerful battery.  I noticed that the engine starts up with a strong pop into the exhaust only when it is cold, when the temperature reaches 70 degrees Celsius it starts normally.  No, we haven't checked it with a timing light yet, we'll check it now

I checked with a timing light, everything is correct. When the engine was warming up, I could not in any way affect the fuel mixture except for the main fuel map ... It  seems strange to me when, at the first revs of the starter, the revolutions jump from 150 to 1400 (the log is attached). A more powerful battery did not give much

PC Datalog - 2021-09-6_engine_run.llgx

The RPM spikes to zero are where the ecu has received a trigger error and lost sync.  RPM goes to zero until the ecu re-syncs.  Can you do a couple of trigger scope captures around the RPM that it occurs and we will take a look if there are any clues to the cause.

The labels missing from the surface graph I suspect are graphics driver related, possibly poor OpenGL support.  Try updating your graphics driver with the latest version from the vendor - Intel/ATI/Nvidia etc.  Sometimes the built-in microsoft drivers dont support openGL well.  

Yes the initial erratic RPM at the start of cranking is normal with G4X.  This is because when the crankshaft first starts turning, the RPM that is reported on screen and in the log is recalculated every crank tooth - so you see the time difference between each tooth.  When the crankshaft has turned enough so that the ECU has seen a cam tooth and determined actual position (we call this "synced"), then the reported RPM is averaged over 1 TDC event (180deg).

Your cranking speed is a little more erratic than I typically see, but a small battery with high compression it is probably expected.