Nissan 350z clutch switch/power steering switch

chunfung164

Hallo,

My z33(RHD) was swap from AT to MT, the MT gauge, MT engine harness is replaced, but the interior harness still from AT, my clutch switch was take the 12V IGN from drive side fuse box to engine IPDM.

I'm using g4+ Xtreme for my z33.

My question is:

I would like to try the launch control function achieve by clutch,

from the manual to show:

Digital Inputs

Digital Inputs

DI 1

Cam Position Inlet LH

DI 2

Cam Position Exhaust RH

DI 3

Cam Position Exhaust LH

DI 4

Brake Switch Normally Open

DI 5

Park/Neutral Switch

DI 6

Brake Switch Normally Closed

DI 7

Power Steer Pressure

DI 8

Expansion Connector

DI 9

Expansion Connector

DI 10

Ignition Switch

Ignition Switch

is it any DI for the clutch switch? is it DI6? i have been try to setting it, it is no any status when the clutch switch is engaged or disengaged.

So, i would like to know it is the interior harness problem or i need to wiring the cable to expansion connector? by dry contact? so i need to connecting to external relay for the DI8, DI9 or DI11?

also the power steering have the same problem.

The power steering is no any status for DI7.

how can i make it work? by setting? by wiring?

other question,

DI5 for parking switch should be run normally from stock MT 350z?

it's no any status change too.

Thank you very much

Best Regards,

CHUN FUNG 

Yes, on the manual cars the clutch and brake switch are wired in series to DI6. 

Yes the power steer pressure sensor should be connected directly to DI7.

DI5 is the neutral switch on both auto and manual cars.  In auto cars the signal comes from the "Unified meter", in the manual cars the signal comes direct from the switch on the gearbox.

Thanks for replay,

image.jpeg.970382870cdf538952ce2222c3054887.jpeg

So, the MT neutral switch should be like above graphic, right?

and the power steering sensor should be like that:

Power Steering Pressure Sensor For Maxima Altima Sentra 350Z Titan FX35 M35  G35 | eBay  or Nissan Z33 350z Echt Steering Angle Speed Sensor 47945-as500 for sale  online | eBay

I have been search about the clutch switch, some guys said that should be IPDM PIN25 > Clutch switch > PIN53,

what is the mean for clutch and brake switch wired in series?

is it number 1 clutch switch for starting car, number 2 switch wired in series to brake switch, (NO, NC) for status?

so, from brake switch connector should have the constant 12V, the brake switch will cut the 12V when it is disengaged(NC).

and the constant 12V from the brake switch connector also wired in series to clutch switch and back to IPDM (Back side switch), and the front side clutch switch when engaged will directly to DI6 (12V)? (NO contact) 

is it right?

Thank you

3 hours ago, chunfung164 said:

So, the MT neutral switch should be like above graphic, right?

Correct.

and the power steering sensor should be like that:

The one on the left is the power steering pressure sensor.  

I have been search about the clutch switch, some guys said that should be IPDM PIN25 > Clutch switch > PIN53,

what is the mean for clutch and brake switch wired in series?

is it number 1 clutch switch for starting car, number 2 switch wired in series to brake switch, (NO, NC) for status?

so, from brake switch connector should have the constant 12V, the brake switch will cut the 12V when it is disengaged(NC).

and the constant 12V from the brake switch connector also wired in series to clutch switch and back to IPDM (Back side switch), and the front side clutch switch when engaged will directly to DI6 (12V)? (NO contact) 

jpmPn5y.png