Can Lambda Error Code

jigga009

A multimeter averages its measurement over about 1 second, a multimeter will not show a quick drop or spike.  The CAN Lambda is reporting it 100 times a second. I dont know what acceptance criteria is on the the CAN lambda voltage measurement, but the ECU's voltage measurement must be within 3% for it to pass our final burn-in inspection.  Since both your CAN lambda and ECU are reporting the same voltage I think we can have reasonable confidence they are reading correctly.  

As I said above the last change you made has improved the lowest voltage considerably, so it is probably solved if it was in fact the low voltage that was causing the lambda error 24. 

54 minutes ago, Adamw said:

A multimeter averages its measurement over about 1 second, a multimeter will not show a quick drop or spike.  The CAN Lambda is reporting it 100 times a second. I dont know what acceptance criteria is on the the CAN lambda voltage measurement, but the ECU's voltage measurement must be within 3% for it to pass our final burn-in inspection.  Since both your CAN lambda and ECU are reporting the same voltage I think we can have reasonable confidence they are reading correctly.  

As I said above the last change you made has improved the lowest voltage considerably, so it is probably solved if it was in fact the low voltage that was causing the lambda error 24. 

Understood. Thanks so much for the info. I will start putting things back to the way it was before and see "Lamb48- APE Overvoltage" makes another appearance. Hopefully as you say, the changes solved it.

If it does pop up again and it can be attributed to how I have the CAN stuff set up, I may need your guidance again setting up the canbus stuff.

I'll update once I have a chance to retest things.

Thanks again! :)

On 9/24/2021 at 6:12 PM, Adamw said:

So it seems it has not errored for the last few tests you have done.  Do you want to put the CAN set up back to CAN lambda now and see what happens.  Im still suspicious about the power supply, it still drops to 9.3V during cranking in the log with the battery charger connected.

On 9/24/2021 at 10:59 PM, Adamw said:

Change channel 1 to CAN lambda, turn off channel 2.  Both those streams are duplicating the normal CAN lambda stream with a bit of extra stuff added in.

Wanted to see your line of testing through in case something pops up.

Here is a ECU datalog using the "lambda test" map you attached, with of a few consecutive engine starts. CAN setup is back to Can Lambda now as you requested, and battery is fully charged. Charger is not connected during this log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hv9EcO9tGH3qlPSfvUbm03ZQeIk-NljD/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.