1JZ VVTI Nissan 240sx G4x Link Wiring Help

240makeyouhorny

This might be a stupid question, but does pin 99 have power to it on the JZX100 ecu? On the pin out it says nc (+14v main relay). NC on the pin outs I assume means no contact or no connection, right? My ecu stays powered on with the key off so I’m just trying to troubleshoot some wiring. My 1JZ I wired into a 1992 Nissan 240sx and it ran perfect on the stock ecu. 

pin 99 is not connected to anything, pin 100 powers up the ECU. Maybe double check that the power to all of the solenoids, fuel pump etc, anything controlled by an Aux is ignition switched not always live.

Also did you wire up the ECU hold power and how do you have that setup in the ECU?

It would have been part of the wiring on the JZX100, have a look in the manual for generic hold power wiring circuits. For the JZX100 plugin Aux 16 on pin 59 (C85 2) controls the hold power relay, DI 5 on pin 85 (C86 9) is the ignition switch input and pin 100 (C86 22) is the ECU power.

Note: ECU hold power is only useful when using a stepper idle motor so if you aren't using the factory stepper idle control you don't need ECU hold power.

Oh that makes sense. I’m not using the factory stepper idle control so I shouldn’t have to worry about that. I will check my wiring and make sure pin 59 (C85 2) isn’t getting power. I will also make sure none of the aux is getting constant as well. As far as the pins not connected to anything (nc), do you think depinning those from the ecu connector would be worth my time to try and simplify my wiring and help troubleshoot? 

32 minutes ago, 240makeyouhorny said:

As far as the pins not connected to anything (nc), do you think depinning those from the ecu connector would be worth my time to try and simplify my wiring and help troubleshoot? 

If the link diagram says nc then those pins aren't physically connected to anything in the ECU and so removing them should make no difference to anything, that being said it's not a bad thing to do if you want to simplify your loom.