Idle Solenoid at 10% when driving

Mgbsr20det

I noticed in the logging that when driving around my idle solenoid stays 10% open but the idle status shows as rpm lockout??  I changed the dashpot which was 10% to 0 and now it shows 0% in the log when driving but I need the dashpot at 10% to stop the motor from trying to stall when coming back to idle ?? does this mean my idle solenoid is actually open when driving and wouldnt this cause a boost leak??

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 9.09.09 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 9.19.30 pm.png

Yes, it would cause boost leak, that's why you are supposed to draw air for ISC valve from the plumbing before throttle body.

Idle position while driving is min clamp plus all offsets. That's needed so that idle will be easily resumed once lockout conditions are out. You're supposed to have min clamp % as you idle on normal operating temp without all offsets, without heavy electrical loads. Follow the open loop idle speed control tuning procedure on help file. When open loop is quite tuned smoothly as close as possible to target idle, then you can shift to closed loop.

20 hours ago, essb00 said:

Yes, it would cause boost leak, that's why you are supposed to draw air for ISC valve from the plumbing before throttle body.

Idle position while driving is min clamp plus all offsets. That's needed so that idle will be easily resumed once lockout conditions are out. You're supposed to have min clamp % as you idle on normal operating temp without all offsets, without heavy electrical loads. Follow the open loop idle speed control tuning procedure on help file. When open loop is quite tuned smoothly as close as possible to target idle, then you can shift to closed loop.

thanks for that info as i didnt know you are supposed to draw the air from before the throttle body , i was drawing mine from my atmospheric catch can as it had a spare input. i have now corrected it. yes i already did all the correct setup procedure in open loop then went to closed loop just caught my eye when i was reviewing my logs and saw the idle duty cycle was 10% while moving and thought that cant be right?? im glad i asked now :)