Unable to change Yaxis scale on parameters for the logging timeplot

Jamez

When I load in a data log every group on the time plot has a set Y-Axis of -1 to 1. I try to open the parameters and edit this but no changes I make are saved, I can't even get a color change to save. If I send a log out to someone else it works for them. I tried setting scaling to auto and that won't save either. I'm pressing enter, perhaps there is another button to save changes? Please help! this makes looking at logs very frustrating :(

This sounds like the parameter config file is corrupted.  This is stored in two places.  Lets try the easy fix first.  

With PC Link closed, Type this into the windows search bar and hit enter: %AppData%  That should take you to the roaming folder.  Find the PCLink folder in there and delete the two files that are in there - should be "DefaultParameterConfig & Options2".  

Open PC Link again and these files will be recreated.  See if that solves your scaling/colour problem.  If not I will give you a new master copy.  

• 2 years later...
On 10/16/2021 at 3:37 AM, Adamw said:

This sounds like the parameter config file is corrupted.  This is stored in two places.  Lets try the easy fix first.  

With PC Link closed, Type this into the windows search bar and hit enter: %AppData%  That should take you to the roaming folder.  Find the PCLink folder in there and delete the two files that are in there - should be "DefaultParameterConfig & Options2".  

Open PC Link again and these files will be recreated.  See if that solves your scaling/colour problem.  If not I will give you a new master copy.  

Hi Adamw, I'm having the same problem on both my PC and laptop; It seems to have happened suddenly after a weird occurence while hooking my laptop to the G4X TST185 ECU in the car, it said that the serial numbers didn't match even though I used it dozens of times before. After retrying a few times, the serial issue corrected itself and I was able to connect to the ECU but I lost all of my layouts.

Then I noticed the issue appearing in logging time plot where colours or scaling cannot be changed at all. Reloading Layout files did not fix the problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling the PC Link software did not fix anything also. This problem seems to have transferred from the laptop to my PC via an "infected" Basemap file because both have exactly the same issue now.

I've tried using your method of searching for %AppData% which does bring up the Roaming folder but PCLink is nowhere to be found within this. I've tried multiple times on both my devices and no PCLink files or folders show anywhere in Roaming. Is there another way to fix the issue? Reviewing logs is a real pain now...

It sounds more like a windows permissions problem or something.  Do you have PC Link installed in the default C:\Link G4X\PCLink G4X?  Is it a native windows PC, not a mac running a VM or something?  What version of windows?

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

It sounds more like a windows permissions problem or something.  Do you have PC Link installed in the default C:\Link G4X\PCLink G4X?  Is it a native windows PC, not a mac running a VM or something?  What version of windows?

Both were Windows 10 / 64-bits and both installed in default location, for reference.

***EDIT*** Issue fixed on BOTH devices! After many unsuccessful %AppData% searches, I was only able to find the PC Link roaming folder by going into C:\ and typing PCLink in the search bar then after a minute or so it appeared first on the list - I clicked on it, deleted those 2 files you mentionned in OP's post and issue finally fixed! I've saved the address in Notepad for future quick access, which on my laptop was C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\PCLink

%AppData% takes you to your personal appdata directory, every user on the PC has one, and this is where the roaming\PC Link directory should be.  If using the %AppData% shortcut doesnt take you to the roaming folder with the PC Link options and parameters cfg then it would suggest you are logged in with a different user account than what was in use when PC Link was installed.  I suspect this will cause issues such as your PC Link options and settings wont be saved.  

15 hours ago, Adamw said:

%AppData% takes you to your personal appdata directory, every user on the PC has one, and this is where the roaming\PC Link directory should be.  If using the %AppData% shortcut doesnt take you to the roaming folder with the PC Link options and parameters cfg then it would suggest you are logged in with a different user account than what was in use when PC Link was installed.  I suspect this will cause issues such as your PC Link options and settings wont be saved.  

Unfortunately, that it is not the case since I've always had only one user profile on each of my devices and my laptop is strickly used for tuning by myself and nobody else. Both devices sufferred the issue in short succession after the "serial number mismatch" bug on my laptop while hooking to the ECU, I had to re-enter the serial and unlock code even though I never had problems in the months prior. Then I opened the same "corrupted" basemap file that I transferred to my PC for investigation and the logging settings issue instantly showed up there too. I believe that is the clue that should be followed for PC Link to try and fix in a future update.

Im still confused by your explanations.  "I've tried using your method of searching for %AppData% which does bring up the Roaming folder"  Are you using the search bar next to the start button that looks something like this?   QTT7pr1.png

If you type %AppData% into that search bar and hit enter, in the explorer window that opens up, what does the address bar at the top show (like pic below), is it different to the C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming location that your PCLink folder is in?

XMFYgPt.png

Can you attach a copy of the "corrupted" map.