G4X Plugin-Idle Control backwards and speed input inop

EVAN8R

After trying to figure out idle issues, I've noticed runtime status for idle control says inactive when below set thresholds. If I bump the accelerator, idle control goes active...seems to be operating opposite what it should. Actual runtime values are 0 when idle, and positive numbers when revving. Can't get the idle correct unless I run open loop only. Using G4X plugin HC96X, Skunk2 manifold on d-series block, Skunk2 throttle body, stadard 2 pin Honda idle control valve. When I run tests for solenoid, I hear it working, and if engine is running during tests, idle speed changes.

Also, I had vehicle speed input working on factory config when I first installed. Went to configure digital gauges today and no more speed input. No settings changed. Only firmware updates. Loaded base configuration to ECU, still nothing. Confirmed I'm getting a pulse signal (ground) to correct pin to ECU. It's configured to GP Speed 1. My next step was going to be switch to previous firmware, but wanted to post here first. Only other changes made since it was operating have been basic fuel map adjustments, added GP analog input for fuel level, and some CAN setup for Link CAN Lambda and user streams for gauge signals.

Two Log files attached, one with ignition control on, the other off. I have the the mechanical idle on the Skunk2 TB (screw) slightly open to maintain idle for the log. I don't understand why idle control valve is opening when I'm above the set thresholds. I can always just use the idle screw, but car will have a/c and belt driven p/s and I want to utilize those step-ups. I have also tried pinning the solenoid opposite than what I had them, operation is the same.

And the speedo input, I sure hope you can find a setting I have incorrect and it's an easy fix.

PC Datalog - Idle Closed Loop Ign Cont OFF.llgx PC Datalog - Idle Closed Loop Ign Cont ON.llgx 96 Civic Tune Settings - Inop GP Speed 1.pclx

Idle is working correctly.  It goes into open loop when you are outside of idle conditions or in lockout - so that will be whatever is in your base position table + any active offsets.   

You need to close your throttle more so that the idle valve is working in a more normal duty cycle - suggest 20-30% when warm.  You are currently at 0%.  

As for the speed sensor - were the wheels turning in any of these logs?  Does DI3 input show active when the wheels are turning?

BsMKkzo.png

I also just discovered another issue with CAN streams. I'm trying to send Lambda and Secondary O2 values to my gauges, but it seems to only transmit whole number values. So I either see 0v or 1v. No values behind the decimal are being sent.

29 minutes ago, EVAN8R said:

DI3 says inactive at all times and I still get a ground pulse to pin c18 with a test light.

Connect a voltmeter instead and tell us the two voltages it is stepping between.  Should be able to just turn the wheels by hand so it is slow enough to see.

12 minutes ago, EVAN8R said:

I'm trying to send Lambda and Secondary O2 values to my gauges, but it seems to only transmit whole number values. So I either see 0v or 1v. No values behind the decimal are being sent.

You cant send a decimal point over CAN, only an integer.  Use a multipler of 10 to get a resolution of 0.1V or multiplier of 100 for 0.01V etc.  The receiving device will need to be capable of doing the division and putting the decimal in the right place.  

myHj84o.png

OK, thanks!

I'll get the voltage readings tomorrow if I get time. Done wrenching today. I had this speedo input functional before. I compared the speed with the factory gauge cluster and the config from link was spot on.

With key on, engine off, and battery+ as reference, voltmeter reads 12.5 with 12.8 pulses as wheels are turned. This is reading at pin c18 with ecu plugged in.

With circuit isolated from ecu, I get 0.01 with 12.8v pulses. 

Not quite sure what you are doing there.  With one side of the voltmeter connected to ground, and the other to C18 (with ecu connected), what are the two voltages you see as the wheel is turned?  It needs to rise above ~1.5V and fall below about 1.0V to be a valid signal.  

I'm not quite sure either! Ha ha.

I humbly apologize for my ignorance. I'm just an old dog learning new tricks...I made an assumption it just needed a ground pulse signal because that's what the odo/speedo gauges seemed to run on.

My voltages are not substantial. 0.001-0.005 so I suppose my speed sensor itself is the culprit?

6 hours ago, EVAN8R said:

That gave me speed input back!?

Im pretty sure they normally have a pull-up in the speedo, but the voltage test suggested that wasnt working.  So should be fine to leave it enabled. 

3 hours ago, EVAN8R said:

Side question. Does low pulse adder table get utilized in traditional fuel mode, or only modelled?

It is always used.