EVO8X - Access to additional I/O

DaRKNT

Hi All,

I currently have a EVO8+ and am looking to upgrade to an EVO8X.

As per the data sheets, I understand that the Plugin Range of G4X ECUs have the following I/O:

- 8 x High Current Injector Drives (suits high impedance injectors)
- 8 x Ignition Channels
- 8 x Auxiliary Outputs (All PWM capable).
- 11 Digital Inputs (All capable of reading frequencies up to 10kHz)
- +5V Out
- 4 Temperature Inputs (Configurable pull-ups on ANT1&2)
- 12 x 0-5V Analog Inputs
- 2 x Trigger Inputs (Reluctor, Optical or Hall Sensors)
- On Board Baro
- 3 Axis Accelerometer

Looking over the EVO8X manual, I see the following is pinned:
- 8 x INJ
- 8 x IGN
- 10 x AUX (Including AUX 9/10 for DBW)
- 10 x DI
- 3 x AN Temp
- 10 x AN Volt

From my previous research with my G4+, the balance of the I/O is available on the bottom board however not pinned for the plugin ECU - the "missing" I/O can be made available if wires are added (refer link below)

My question is - is this also the case with the G4X? i.e. can the missing DI11, ANTemp 4, ANVolt 11 & ANVolt 12 be added in if the wires are run to the bottom board? Am I able to order the ECU with this already completed? What is the additional cost?

Yes, it uses the same bottom board so the same IO is available.  One difference however is the IO on the G4X is a bit more flexible so for example all DI's can do frequency, more auxes can do PWM and aux 4 is now independent of Aux 9/10 so those changes may give you a bit more to play with.  

You can contact tech support to see if they will be willing to add more IO as flying leads but we typically only offer this on an ecu that is lacking IO for some core function, for this particular ecu it is quite IO rich already so suspect they will be hesitant to do that.