Failed fw update, now ECU won't stay ON

Max_GSS

Hello,

I am in charge of tuning a car equipped with an Hayabusa engine and a Vipec V44.

Car was running prior to coming to me (although i never saw it running) and was tuned.

The owner wanted me to retune it after swapping his  '99 engine (8teeth multitooth) to an '03 engine (24-1 trigger wheel).

I tried to upgrade the firmware because the last tune was from 2012 or something.

It failed to upgrade, giving me an error message, and asking me to cut power to the ECU so the fw wouldn't be corrupted.

Now when i power the ECU up, the blue LED lights up for a few milliseconds then turn off.

On the computer, software keeps going from connected to disconnected to the ECU.

Prior to this, i could stay connected to the ECU and work on the tune, no problem.

I attached a tune if it is of any relevance.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Max

trigger 24-1.pcl

Hello,

I would appreciate any kind of help as i am stranded right now. I cannot communicate with the ecu so i cannot do anything with it.

Would it be blocked in bootloader mode ?

Is there a way to force a firmware update procedure ?

Thank you

OK i just wrote to them.

If it is only a software/firmware problem (which i believe), is there a procedure i could test at the shop before sending it to Link ?

Being in France, it would take some time to get to you and back, so if i could avoid it i'd rather.

Thank you Adam.

13 minutes ago, Max_GSS said:

If it is only a software/firmware problem (which i believe), is there a procedure i could test at the shop before sending it to Link ?

No special tricks that I know of.  If the boot loader is messed up or something they would need to use a special tool to restore it.  But it is usually hardware, flash memory failed or similar.