G4X plugin SR20DET redtop in S13

KennyJ

I've recently tuned an S13 with SR20det , i fitted the S15 G4X plugin , all working fine

however i sometimes get a sync loss on the stock CAS sensor , only happens in 2nd gear above 6K rpm , thats the weird part

normally i would try to recreate this thing and find out whats happening , however this is an SR and the sync los creates a random ignition event and these rockers absolutely hate ignition cuts etc.

the engine didnt have this error when on the stock ecu , it doesnt happen in 3-4-5th gear , and it happens more violently when loosing traction on the street. Which makes me think its something to to with fast increase of rpm.

i've tuned numerous Nissan engines with Cas sensors and i'm familiar with the signal being a bit nasty up high , however this signal even looks pretty good compared to others in the past

i updated the firmware before the tune but i'm not sure its the absolute latest available. i tried some higher numbers on the filter setting , didnt improve anything.

i'm open to input !

Im not sure if SR's can suffer the same problem, but I have seen some RB's where the rising edge of trigger 1 gets lazy at high RPM and crosses over a trig 2 edge.  Try changing trig 1 to falling to see if that helps (will need to reset offset).  Otherwise I would just say it is valve train resonance causing a trigger 1 edge to be counted twice sometimes.  One of the aftermarket 24 slot discs will usually solve it in that case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/5/2021 at 9:34 AM, Wanderer said:

I replaced the cas disc with an aem one , issue has been solved , thanks for the help Adam

for those wondering : i didnt try the widest slot option so cant tell if that would have worked

Know this is an older post but would you be able to share a link or part number to the AEM disc?