Can lambda power supply

randolph

Hi, i’m having some confusion between what the can lambda manual say and what the link ecu product on sale, in the can lambda manual it says to use 18 awg wire connected from relay, but on the other hand the link part number: canext that is suppose to connected can devices directly(cleaner) uses a much smaller gauge of wire.i have include to pics, one displaying how i’ve connected 4 link can lambda and one can gauge(functioning) and one pics of the link can lambda instruction. My question and concern is if the small gauge power wire is large enough for all these devices or should i go with the manual and add a relay to power up the 4 lambda modules, thank you

CF81ABBA-ABDB-490D-ADD5-B3E260D37BE1.png

B8B426FA-C4E9-4B1C-92E7-043A1044226A.jpeg

Yeah you might be pushing it there.  The CANEXT power wires are only 0.5mm2 (~20AWG) and were not designed to take the load of 4 lambdas.  I only tested 2 lambdas at the end of 2 CANEXT's when designing those cables.  I would suggest making a heavier one for the first one which has total current going through it.