E-Throttle for Honda B16

Mindfreakattack

So im helping my mate sort out his high idle on a honda B16B. His car idles at almost 2000RPM on cold start (typically about 30Deg Celcius here in Singapore). I saw that his E-throttle table top row were mostly Zeros, and seems like his idle was controlled by his 'Idle Base Position Table'. From what i read from the help file, i understand they are telling us to make the car idle by adjusting the top row of E-Throttle target table. And the Idle Base Position table should only be touched to help with cold start.

Im planning to get his car to idle with warm engine with his 'Idle base position table' zero-ed out and purely by controlling the throttle opening with E-Throttle Target table. And subsequently do a tune from cold start to dial in his 'Idle Base Position table'

Am i doing it right? is there anything i should be looking out for? :)

Thanks in advance.

amos 16 stock tune.pclr

Yes you have the right idea.  However, yoiu will notice the E-throttle target table can only be adjusted in 0.5% steps, whereas the base position table can do 0.1% steps.  So you will often end up with small values in the base position table at warm idle - say <0.5%, but the bulk of the throttle opening should come from the E-throttle target table.  

On 11/16/2021 at 1:21 PM, Adamw said:

Yes you have the right idea.  However, yoiu will notice the E-throttle target table can only be adjusted in 0.5% steps, whereas the base position table can do 0.1% steps.  So you will often end up with small values in the base position table at warm idle - say <0.5%, but the bulk of the throttle opening should come from the E-throttle target table.  

Thanks Adam for tips, so i managed to tune up the car from cold start to warm idle. It idles well with the e-throttle target set at 2.0%, base position required was 0.3% to hit the Idle RPM Target. Everything is running fine and good in open loop, i also adjusted the idle up for engine fan, and it compensates for it very well with 0.5%.

But these were only good UNTIL i turn on the A/C. with A/C on, the idle RPM tend to drop a fair bit before eventually catching up with target. I had to adjust the idle up for AC to 0.4% in order to achieve Idle RPM Target. but no matter what i do, the car always drop too low in its rpm when the AC clutch kicks in. I understand in the case of cable throttle body, the derivative gain MIGHT be able to help with the onset of load during A/C clutch engagement, is there anything i can do for e throttle?

Also, during the drive, the car tends to stall whenever coming to a stop.

This is my first time tuning with e throttle, any help would be very much appreciated. :)

amos 22nov tune.pclr 22nov amos log.llg

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Can you attach the map that was used to generate the log, the one you have attached is in open loop.

Hi Adam, its actually currently running in open loop. As ive not fully sorted the issue, i was thinking i should leave it in open loop till i get it sorted then switch to closed loop.

But the log shows it was in closed loop.  I cant make and suggested changes to any settings based on the log when I dont know what settings were actually in the ecu at the time the log was done.

So, I either need the map that was used to generate the log above, or a new log done with the open loop map you attached.