Closed loop lambda control problem, Fury G4+

Pete_89t2

I'll preface this by saying I'm still a newbie at tuning, and this is the 1st time attempting to try closed loop lambda control on my car. Car in question is a modified single turbo FD RX7 with a DBW throttle. My fuel map can still use some more fine tuning, especially in the boost regions above ~7psi (WG springs), but the fuel & conservative spark timing it has now allow it to run well from idle to about 6500RPM within that MAP envelope.

Today while testing the CL Lambda controls, I noted a few hiccups driving. The first is the idle isn't as smooth & stable as it was before, and the 2nd more pronounced effect was what felt like a fuel cut under relatively light acceleration. Here's links to the car's current tune and log file that captured the hiccups encountered.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IYrXmKKCXjMkhQkJUH2geDKVL2SyBhSY/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hddxt80bBJFXfNsUnCzWR3EaLCWcf3z_/view?usp=sharing

Upon looking at the log, I'm a bit stumped as to what to make of it? Shortly after time index 2:30, you can see CL Lambda correction & status data go from a small +/- correction % and the normal "Incr/Decr. fuel status" to over 6000% correction and "Min Clamp" status. This was coincident with driving off out onto the main road, but I was accelerating rather lightly, as TPS Delta was reading below 2.2% during the log transient, and TP(Main) was at about 6%.

If anyone can take a look at the log & tune and help me understand what's going on I'd appreciate it, thanks!

Just as an FYI, not sure if the the Link support folks are aware of this, but I ran into a minor bug when updating my firmware from the 5.6.8.3668 version I had to the current 5.6.8.3671 version that comes with the current version of PC Link (English/Spanish) that I downloaded earlier this evening.

Basically after you connect PCLink to the ECU, and start the firmware update, the update process tells the user that you already have the current/latest version of the firmware (.3671), even though that is not true. Anyway, since I knew I had the new version (.3671) with my freshly downloaded & installed version of PCLink, I selected the "Reinstall firmware" option, and as expected the firmware version reported by the ECU after the process completed changed from .3668 to .3671

Looking forward to doing some test driving tomorrow to see how well CL Lambda control works after the update!

9 minutes ago, Pete_89t2 said:

Basically after you connect PCLink to the ECU, and start the firmware update, the update process tells the user that you already have the current/latest version of the firmware (.3671), even though that is not true. Anyway, since I knew I had the new version (.3671) with my freshly downloaded & installed version of PCLink, I selected the "Reinstall firmware" option, and as expected the firmware version reported by the ECU after the process completed changed from .3668 to .3671

The updater window only checks the minor version number and not the build number so because you were updating from 5.6.8 to 5.6.8 it didn't see any difference, we are aware of it, thanks.