3sgte Custom loom for atom

Whitey

6 minutes ago, Whitey said:

Pin 1 you say is signal ground is that pin 24 on the ecu (atom)?

Pin 7 and Pin 24 are both signal grounds, the Link looms use pin 7 as the signal ground for Trigger 1 & 2 but either 7 or 24 will work just fine.

8 minutes ago, Whitey said:

I have shielded cable on the speed wires should that go to pin 7 or is it not needed

For shielded cables connect the shield to a signal ground at the ECU (pin 7 or 24) but don't connect the shield to the ground wire at the sensor end (connect the shield at one end only and preferably the ECU end).

26 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Pin 7 and Pin 24 are both signal grounds, the Link looms use pin 7 as the signal ground for Trigger 1 & 2 but either 7 or 24 will work just fine.

For shielded cables connect the shield to a signal ground at the ECU (pin 7 or 24) but don't connect the shield to the ground wire at the sensor end (connect the shield at one end only and preferably the ECU end).

Thanks once again. Just awaiting a MAP sensor, need to upgrade to a 3 bar one as stock wouldn't go high enough I was told, expecting to be around 21psi.

Then finally connect the wires to the ecu plug and try to start. I expect I'll need instructions on how to upload a base map. See if what I've done works lol.

A bit off this topic, has anybody used an Mfd15 screen to display the sensor values?

https://turbozentrum.co.uk/navi.php?a=61319&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrYasodn89QIVipBoCR3qlAT4EAQYASABEgKixfD_BwE

I have been looking at the link can guage too but this is a fair bit cheaper. Only looking to display boost, oil pressure (I am inputting it to the ecu) and water temp. Or any other suggestions? Being in an autograss car I am limited on space so Ideally i would display on one screen and not multiple guages.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Dragging up my old thread again :wacko:

I'm about to try and start the engine.

Do I just select the base map for the 3sgte and hope for the best?

I'm only using map (3 BAR but i know the data for it), tps, air temp and water temp. Standard distributor setup. 

I'm wondering because I'm not using all of the stock sensors will it start on the base map?

Thanks

The base map will give you the basic fuel and ignition settings.  You will have to manually assign all the correct inputs and outputs to match your wiring.  ie you need to set which aux output the fuel pump and fan are connected to, which inputs the TPS, MAP & temp sensors are connected to and set there correct calibrations etc.

Had it running!!:D Well sort of.....

Bare with me, computers/programming not my strong point.

I tried configuring it from scratch. All aux worked as should when tested and sensors seemed to be reading. But I could not get the engine speed to read thus non start. 

I then uploaded the st205 base map and could see it was reading engine speed but none of the aux matched my wiring. I manually hooked up the fuel pump and hey presto it runs. 

I couldn't figure out how to alter the st205 map to match my aux wiring, is this possible? It has aux 1 and 2 to the iscv which I am not running. I want aux1 to run the fuel pump. 

Or is it possible for someone to write a base map for mine if I give the info for my wiring and sensors?

I only want it to be able to idle up to temp to check for leaks etc before taking to tuners, it won't be driven.

Thanks

Generally to assign an input or output you go to the function you want to set up and assign it there.  So for example the fuel pump, go to >aux outputs>fuel pump.  Set pump control method to "standard", then set pump relay output to Aux 1.  It will pop-up with a message something like "ISC solenoid is already connected to aux 1, would you like to disconnect ISC solenoid", choose yes and it will remove aux 1 from the ISC function and connect it to the fuel pump function.  

Thank you. And for everyone else's input. 

I used the st205 base map then reassigned the aux and inputs to suit me. I also setup the can to the link can guage. It has worked brilliant.

Off to the tuner!!!

Thanks again