B18C6 Del Sol / HC96X / CAN lambda - purchase list and questions

shanky

On 2/12/2023 at 8:30 AM, shanky said:

Can I use the ISC solenoid on another aux other than 1/2/3/4?

If you have E-throttle then you dont need IAC.  Aux 5 & 6 have hardware added for high side driving the Vtec and intake flap (some models only), so they cant really be used for ISC.  Aux 7 or 8 could be used. 

Also I am unable to update to the latest firmware as I still have the safe mode error from the last update.

Safe mode should not prevent a firmware update.  What happens after you click "read release notes", then "Upgrade"?.

I also seem to have an odd issue with fuelling and what seems to be injector issues - even though I have moved them around to ensure these new bosch ev14s are not at fault - log attached

Yeah its an odd one.  In your 2nd log you can see MAP, Inj PW, batt voltage, and fuel press are all quite stable when the lean patch comes and goes.  When that happens does it run like it is actually lean?  I guess it could be a short PW effect as its hard to tell whether it come right by itself or if it was the CLL adding fuel that brought it right.  Most engines would stall or barely run at 1.25 lambda yet your RPM barely flinches so im not convinced that the reported lambda is indicative of fuel mixture in this case.  Exhaust leak maybe?   Does it still happen if you change your idle target lambda to 0.9?

In your first log the idle issue is your E-throttle oscillating.  I would try dropping the E-throttle integral gain down to 0.05.

16 hours ago, Adamw said:

If you have E-throttle then you dont need IAC.  Aux 5 & 6 have hardware added for high side driving the Vtec and intake flap (some models only), so they cant really be used for ISC.  Aux 7 or 8 could be used. 

Safe mode should not prevent a firmware update.  What happens after you click "read release notes", then "Upgrade"?.

Yeah its an odd one.  In your 2nd log you can see MAP, Inj PW, batt voltage, and fuel press are all quite stable when the lean patch comes and goes.  When that happens does it run like it is actually lean?  I guess it could be a short PW effect as its hard to tell whether it come right by itself or if it was the CLL adding fuel that brought it right.  Most engines would stall or barely run at 1.25 lambda yet your RPM barely flinches so im not convinced that the reported lambda is indicative of fuel mixture in this case.  Exhaust leak maybe?   Does it still happen if you change your idle target lambda to 0.9?

In your first log the idle issue is your E-throttle oscillating.  I would try dropping the E-throttle integral gain down to 0.05.

Thanks Adam.

In the end it was spark plugs. I traced injectors the lot, after two days of fault finding... its the simple things. Car is now in for mapping (again).

Noted on the ethrottle, I have been having poor idling I imagine this will help.

out of curiosuty @Adamw, the https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-010920-bosch-145-psi-fluid-pressure-and-temperature-sensor/ is that the same as the 10 bar  bosch 0 261 230 340 in the cal files?

the car is being mapped for maxiumum economy and the standard b18c engine plug is a NGK IRIDIUM BKR7EIX-11 plug 1.1mm gap i believe by the end figure, would you recommend a change of plug for lean burning at all? or aggresive spark?

7 hours ago, shanky said:

the https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-010920-bosch-145-psi-fluid-pressure-and-temperature-sensor/ is that the same as the 10 bar  bosch 0 261 230 340 in the cal files?

Yes, for the pressure cal use bosch 0 261 230 340, for the temp sensor use "std bosch NTC".

7 hours ago, shanky said:

the car is being mapped for maxiumum economy and the standard b18c engine plug is a NGK IRIDIUM BKR7EIX-11 plug 1.1mm gap i believe by the end figure, would you recommend a change of plug for lean burning at all? or aggresive spark?

Yes you need higher voltage for lean mixtures so that means a large gap.  However there is a compromise between how large you can go to increase voltage at low loads Vs how much ign energy the coil can generate to jump the larger gap at high RPM & cyl pressures.  So I would have thought a stock plug at stock gap would be about where you would need to be.