Traction control setup - g4+ fury

Gareth87

Hey Everyone,

Running an FJ20 in a bluebird and looking to setup traction control.

Just wondering what wheel speed sensors and sensor rings people would recommend?

Also, I haven't looked into the software yet as to how adjustable it is but keen to hear how well it works when setup?

Makes 500hp and struggles for grip depending on surface and gear. 

Thanks

Somewhere between 4-20 teeth at the wheel is good.  If on the driveshaft then 4-6 teeth is good.  For sensors the ZF GS100502 is often a nice option as it is just a long M12 threaded body so is easy to mount.  On the front you can often pick up of the wheel stud heads in the back of the hub.  

On 3/13/2022 at 12:21 AM, Gareth87 said:

Also, I haven't looked into the software yet as to how adjustable it is but keen to hear how well it works when setup?

I have it setup on my MR2 with both front abs sensors and the gearbox output as my wheel speeds, on track it works amazingly well keeping the rear end reigned in while still staying playful and allowing for some slip. It works well on the road too with the exception of under ~25kph  because I haven't used a comparator on the signal from my ABS and so the speed input doesn't work below 25kph. The motor in the car is a 309whp naturally aspirated 3.5l V6 so has plenty of torque but will also be a bit simpler to control than a turbo motor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 10:56 PM, Gareth87 said:

How would I go about with the wiring side of things?

The ground wire should be connected to a signal ground, each sensor's output should be connected to a DI and I haven't used the ZF GS100502 sensors myself but it looks like you would want to use 12V for the power wire (same power supply as ecu, coils, injectors, solenoids etc) and have the DI pullup turned on.